Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve
available resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 62 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.
Description - Internal
The I&C Project Engineer will review drawings and other documents and discuss clients requirements to determine scope of work. Tasks include determining scope, specifying equipment, selecting instruments, PLC/HMI programming and/or checkout and configuration of controls for a project. Identify and resolve discrepancies between scope of work and customer's needs. Coordinate project activities between site and office. Must work well with others.
- Provide phone support and field Customer Service calls as needed.
- Determine scope of work based on customer requests, site equipment and problems.
- Design, spec and price controls based on project requirements.
- Perform design and coordinate installations of control panels.
- Research new products required for a particular project.
- Perform start-up and troubleshooting services.
- Coordinate with other start-up personnel when required.
- Investigate and troubleshoot electrical issues with start-up and plant personnel.
- Participate in meetings to negotiate scope of work.
- Select instruments based on scope of work.
- Design or modify PLC/HMI applications to meet project scope.
- Coordinate system configuration with other system providers.
- Complete I/O checkout, instrument configuration and required documentation for project.
- Investigate and troubleshoot electrical/programming issues of existing systems.
- Implement PLC/OIT controls based on project scope.
- Coordinate site activities between PLC implementation and SCADA.
- Perform commission testing of process control system per project scope.
- Coordinate concerns with Customer Service, Process and I&C.
- Provide tech support to plant personnel.
- Provide field reports detailing project status.
Other skills needed for this position are but not limited to the following:
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC hardware and software, including the ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems as well as interpret and modify programs.
- Competency with Allen Bradley HMI hardware and software, including the ability to modify applications as necessary.
- Have some familiarity, but preferably competent with, Modicon, GE, and Siemens PLCs and HMIs
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical issues with instrumentation, controls and field wiring.
- Ability to interpret manuals and documentation for instrumentation installation, setup, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with networking concepts. Need to be competent and comfortable setting up, reconfiguring, and troubleshooting standard Ethernet networks. Familiarity with Modbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, and other industrial control protocols is a plus.
- Competency with HMI software such as Wonderware, iFix, Cimplicity, RSView Enterprise, etc. Should be competent with at least one of the major HMI packages to the point where comfortable adding and modifying existing applications.
- Should be familiar and comfortable with concepts such as VPN, remote control via Remote Desktop, VNC, TeamViewer, etc.
- Should have good customer relations communication skills.
Travel for this position is approximately 50%.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Equivalent Electrical Applied Sciences Disciplines or greater with a minimum of 5 years experience.
VWS offers you competitive compensation for this position, along with a benefits package, and a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure your success.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job has expired.