Title: Hubcaps Team Lead - 2nd Shift
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: STEMCO Longview
Job Summary & Job Duties
Job Title: Production Team Lead - 2nd Shift
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Job Function: Oversees the daily operations of operators/laborers
Location: Longview, Texas
Direct Reports: Hubcaps
Leads department to meet customer demand and achieve production performance metrics by adhering to lean
methodologies, promoting safety, developing team members, and effectively communicating with the rest of the organization. Continuously seeks out and implements productivity improvements.
• Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
• Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
• Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
• Meet Production Demand- Works with Manufacturing Shift Leader to schedule safety meetings, productions, manpower, material/inventory requirements, training needs, and continuous improvement suggestions through adherence to kanban model.
• Leadership- Ensures a safe work environment while coaching and guiding team to meet performance metrics (Safety, Quality, Production, Delivery, and Cost). Promotes positive interactions among team members and encourages individual development. Communicates and enforces adherence to company policies
• Communication and Coordination- Effectively conveys information to team, other leads, and supervisors. Communicates shift leader's directions to colleagues regarding defined metrics and daily requirements to ensure that each department maintains or exceeds these metrics/requirements.
• Continuous Improvement- Supports kaizen events and cost reduction activities. Champions 5-S and productivity improvements through innovation. Assists in developing and enforcing standard work practices throughout cell.
Minimum Education (or Equivalent)
High School Diploma
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• 2+ years manufacturing operations management experience in a LEAN environment.
• Basic computer skills
• A passion for employee development and improvement
• Excellent team building skills for diverse groups
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• An ability to communicate with those at all levels
• Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs)
• Some sedentary work with occasional standing/walking
• Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment/parts
• Manual dexterity and mobility
• Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching Vision Requirements:
• Near Acuity: See clearly at ≤ 20 inches
• Depth Perception: Judge distance & space relationships
• Field of Vision: See peripherally
• Accommodation: Adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
• Color Vision: Distinguish and identify different colors.
2 to 5 years
EEO and Culture Statement:
Enpro is a leading provider of engineered industrial products for the processing and general manufacturing industries worldwide. The company operates in two segments: Sealing Products, Advanced Surface Technologies, and Engineered Materials.
Sealing Technologies-Safeguarding Critical Environments
Composed of Garlock, STEMCO, and Technetics Group, these businesses leverage a high degree of materials science application expertise, extensive proprietary knowledge, and deep customer relationships to create innovative sealing solutions complemented by value-added systems integration.
EnPro Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor employment visas now or in the future for this job.