At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
The Human Resources Generalist will assist in the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. The Human Resources Generalist will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, recruiting, safety, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
How you will make contributions that matter...
- Act as a resource for managers, supervisors, and employees on policies, procedures and practices pertaining to human resources and benefits.
- Administer all benefit programs (i.e. health, dental, disability, FMLA, life, flex spending and retirement plans, etc.).
- Responsible for hourly external recruitment to include: staffing needs, recruitment ads, application screening, interviews, selecting qualified candidates, job offers, new hire orientation.
- Assist HR Manager with grievance and job posting process. Take active role in labor/management meetings and interactions.
- Participate in Safety Steering Committee & Safety Action Team(s) and help to promote safety initiatives at the facility
- Compile payroll data to include hours worked, personal/sick time, vacation, tax withholding, insurance, 401(k), and other employee information. Generate reports as needed. Prepare & transmit payroll to HRIS. Prepare periodic reports of earning, taxes, and deductions.
- Assist with resolution of employee concerns/complaints, coaching and discipline, investigations, work performance, a positive employee environment in accordance with Company philosophy and values, Company policies, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Help manage vendor relationships with uniform & vending companies
- Coordinate employee functions and activities (i.e. picnics, holiday parties, wellness events, etc.) with the assistance of employee committees.
- Assist with maintenance of applicable plant policies, procedures, documents related to Human Resources (i.e. job descriptions, work rules, etc.).
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation and employee files relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, employee performance, and classifications.
- Remain approachable and accessible to employees at all times and assist as needed. Use good listening skills, feedback tools, and follow-up practices to help others. Maintain a positive & enthusiastic approach.
- Adheres to all company policies & procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned, including project work.
You are best suited for the role if you have....
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or the equivalent experience (minimum of 2 years of HR, Safety, and employee relations experience).
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in a Union environment.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment, to include Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Payroll experience, required. Previous experience with ADP/Kronos a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, detail oriented, organized, efficient, approachable, friendly, customer service oriented. Professional, energetic, team player, creative with initiative.
- Strong communication ability (i.e. verbal & written). Excellent organizational skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Available to work on all shifts (when needed) to resolve issues and/or evaluate employee environment.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).