Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Greets guests and determines the number in their party. Seats guests by finding a clean, available table; pulls out chairs; places clean/current menu in front of guest, etc. Guides guests through the dining rooms and provides any needed assistance. Moves and arranges tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs. Ensures place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other standard place setting items. Checks menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free. Maintains cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures. Monitors dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well-being of guests.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Reports accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and completes safety training and certifications.
- Follows all company policies and procedures, ensures uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintains confidentiality of proprietary information, and protects company assets.
- Welcomes and acknowledges all guests according to company standards, anticipates and address guests' service needs.
- Communicates with others using clear and professional language, prepares and reviews written documents accurately and completely, and answers telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others, supports team to reach common goals, and listens and responds appropriately to the concerns of others.
- Complies with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stands, sits, or walks for extended periods or for an entire work shift.
- Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Attention to customer service with a professional and pleasant personality.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
• Reports work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follows company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Follows policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
• Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
• Uses proper equipment, wears appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and utilizes correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
• Completes appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks. Policies and Procedures
• Follows company and department policies and procedures.
• Ensures uniform, nametag, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protects the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Protects company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors. Guest Relations
• Welcomes and acknowledges every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Addresses guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Thanks guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Listens and responds positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
• Anticipates guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Engages guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
• Provides assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
• Assists other associates to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service. Communication
• Speaks to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Answers telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Talks with and listens to other associates to effectively exchange information.
• Discusses work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property. Working with Others
• Supports all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Develops and maintains positive and productive working relationships with other associates and departments.
• Partners with and assists others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals. Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
• Complies with quality assurance expectations and standards. Physical Tasks
• Stands, sits, or walks for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
• Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. General Food and Beverage Services
• Monitors dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and wellbeing of guests.
• Maintains cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practices clean-as-you-go procedures.
• Notifies management of maintenance repairs issues.
• Reports any associate, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Loss Prevention at the time of the incident and/or accident.
• Assists your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests. Opening
• Checks menus ensures they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free. Greeting and Seating
• Seats guests by finding a clean, available table; pulls out chairs; places clean/current menu in front of guest, etc.
• Guides guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance.
• Moves and arranges tables, chairs, and settings and organizes seating for groups with special needs with minimal amount of disturbance to other guests.
• Greets guests and determines the number in their party.
• Ensures place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and standard place setting items.
• Thanks every guest upon departure, invites them to return, and wishes them a fond farewell.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture