The position is intended for individuals with prior experience working as a histotechnician or histotechnologist and possess ASCP certification in Histotechnology. The individual in this position will perform all routine histopathology functions, as well as handle some more complex tasks.
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
- Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I and II.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
- Obtain, verify and/or validate tissue used in special stains.
- Perform all special stain procedures, both manual and automated.
- May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
- May obtain, verify and/or validate control material used in IHC procedures.
- May perform IHC testing.
- May perform gross tissue examination (high complexity testing) if meets personnel qualifications set forth by the 1988 CLIA CFR 493.1489 and the corporate Minimum Qualifications for Non-Pathologist Performing Gross Tissue Examinations SOP.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
- Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians, students and lab aides.
- Perform limited QA/QC functions and identify issues requiring troubleshooting.
- Perform specimen preparation on non-gynecological specimens, including cytopreparation, staining, coverslipping, etc. after completing training on non-gynecological specimen types. This includes specimen preparation of Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) specimens
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- AS degree or equivalent training and experience
- HT (ASCP)
- 1-year Histology experience
- Current state licensure, if applicable
- Meet all requirements as outlined in corporate Policy for Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician and Histology Supervisor.
- If performing Immunohistochemistry testing, meet all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Immunohistochemistry Testing SOP.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- BS degree
- HTL (ASCP)
- Graduate of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnology program
- 3 years of histopathology experience
- Immunohistochemistry experience
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
- May be required to use a wide variety of manual tools and laboratory instruments and apparatuses all of whichdemand significant manual dexterity
NAACLS accredited Histotechnology program
The expected base hourly wage range for this position is from $24.11 - $39.78. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Successful candidates may be eligible to receive annual performance bonus compensation. Benefits Information: We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs to support employees and their families in living healthy, happy lives. Our pay and benefit plans have been designed to promote employee health in all respects - physical, financial, and developmental.
Some of the benefits offered include:
- Medical/Prescription Drugs
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Plans
- 401(k) Plan - Company match dollar-for-dollar up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability buy-up
- Blueprint for Wellness
- Emotional Well-Being Resources
- Educational Assistance
- Paid time off / Health Time
- Variable Compensation Plans