Highly Skilled Chemical Operator
Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Highly Skilled Chemical Operator located at our site in Akron, Ohio.
As the Highly Skilled Chemical Operator, you will:
Skills and experiences required:
- Abides by all safety rules.
- Understands and uses the handling and safety procedures for all raw materials and finished goods.
- Ensures the use of appropriate proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrates and uses a complete understanding of chemical blending, including equipment function and proper use.
- Uses knowledge of physical and chemical properties to operate safely and efficiently.
- Operates mix tanks, agitators, and other pumps as directed by supervisor. Operates all instruments in production room.
- Uses detailed procedures to manufacture safe and quality products. Weighs out quantities of raw materials and pours and/or pumps materials into vessels. Monitors and controls blending processes.
- Adjust batches per laboratory instruction.
- Troubleshoots processing problems and takes corrective action when possible. Seeks assistance when necessary.
- Takes corrective actions when an alarm condition exists. Takes actions necessary in an emergency to help minimize danger to personnel and to the environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Starting rate is $29.73/hr. plus $.50/hr. shift differential for hours worked on an off-shift. Increases every 6 months until you reach top rate. Huntsman offers outstanding benefits which start from Day One.
- Position requires at least 5 years manufacturing or other relevant experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Experience with DCS or PLC desired.
- Must have willingness to work a continuous seven-day schedule (rotating days off) on any three shifts and readily except overtime without restriction.
- Must have a strong work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills and have computer literacy.
- Must have a good safety approach to work.
- Must be capable of learning equipment maintenance and have the flexibility to adapt to change.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs and capable of walking stairs and working both indoors and outdoors as needed.
- Must be able to wear proper PPE including a respirator.
- The ability to multitask and make decisions effectively are critical job competencies.
- Excellent attendance and work ethic are desired.
- Competitive healthcare, dental, and vision.
- 401(k) - Huntsman automatically contributes 6% of eligible pay, regardless of employee contribution. In addition to the 6% non-discretionary contribution, Huntsman will match $1 for every $1 you contribute up to a maximum match of 4% of eligible pay.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.
This job has expired.