Location: Topeka, KS
Description: We are currently seeking a **REMOTE WORK** HEDIS Abstractor - Certified Medical Assistant
This position will work on the EMR Team, completing medical record retrievals via remote access to provider EMR/EHR systems. As well some staff will also be abstracting the medical record information for entry into our data tools. It requires general knowledge of computer use, including Microsoft Office applications, with an emphasis on Excel; experience with navigating EMR/EHR systems to locate pertinent medical record information; and proficiency or ability to learn use of technology in a remote position. Staff hired for this team are asked to pay close attention to detail, meet productivity and accuracy goals, coordinate with team members, and communicate frequently regarding status of assigned work. The EMR team member should be a flexible, goal-oriented, focus driven team player with time management skills.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- SUMMARY: Candidate will work with the HEDIS team to collect member records and conduct reviews of these records by contacting providers and placing the results collected into a specific data base. If necessary the medical record review is conducted on site in provider office or hospital institution.
- Candidate will be required to handle a high volume of telephonic interaction with provider offices. Candidates must follow up on requested medical records with providers. Must keep excellent documentation of research and contact information.
- Candidate must pass a medical record abstraction test prior to starting actual record reviews.
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is a high production environment and candidates must adhere to measured productivity requirements, module testing and at times retesting to meet minimum requirements. Sharing of department responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be flexible and willing to develop and share strategies to accomplish goals.
- Required to perform research on internal claims systems. Work under the supervision of internal staff and designated lead in order to achieve goals and keep the project moving.
- Reviews require data analysis and research within the companies data systems.
- Candidates must have critical thinking skills as they will conduct research in a thoughtful and methodical search in order to locate specific claim information.
- Research includes all resources provided in order to find best information. Examples of deep dive research would be based on company specific platforms (i.e. Immunization registries, local claims system membership and defaulted claim information).
- Candidates must have excellent skill set to read and interpret physician handwriting.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Medical Assistant certification with an AS (Associate in Science) degree and/or has worked as office manager/ admin to a medical office and or assistant to physician and nurses in reviewing of medical records, applying codes for billing/claims, processing files and submitting to insurance or other requested agencies.
- Must understand medical terminology. Works under the direction of a HEDIS Lead as a crossover position from abstractor to researcher.
- Candidates must have prior experience with research and either HEDIS measures or auditing data submitted as claims. Candidates must have computer skills and analysis capabilities in order to navigate CPT4 code and ICD9 and ICD10 DX based on HEDIS Technical Specification requirements. Candidates must have an understanding of codes for services based on diagnosis and procedure.
- Candidates must have basic Excel skills and must have the ability to type 30-40 WPM. Prior HEDIS experience a plus.
- They must be research and detail oriented with the tenacity to find claim specific data for a specific measure within a given period of time. Knowledge of Microsoft office is required.
- Requires effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.