The Department of Health and Human Services' Operations Division is seeking a candidate with great analytical skills, leadership, and attention to detail for a Health Data Coordinator position within our Medicaid Long Term Care Division based in Lincoln. Apply today and join us in our mission of "Helping People Live Better Lives!"
What we can offer you:
• Stable Employment Opportunity and Hours
• Career Development and Learning
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Generous Leave Accruals and benefits
• Opportunity to make a difference
• Flexible Schedules
• Respect as a valued team member
• Opportunity to positively impact the lives of Nebraskans
Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Examples of Work
Under limited supervision, lead statistical data analyses, perform and monitor data collection activities, interpret information, and design methodologies for collecting and reporting Medicaid data to DHHS leadership and other stakeholders. Integral position in data interpretation and mapping for data conversion activities. Team leader in designing methodologies of studies and analyses, as expertise dictates. Provide limited project oversight to assigned MLTC projects. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in Statistics or related field and one year experience in statistics, data collection, data management or related area OR Bachelor's degree in Statistics or related field plus three years experience in any of the above or related area.
PREFERRED: Previous knowledge of Medicaid, Nebraska Medicaid, health insurance, and health care industry preferred. Experience in preparing complex data analyses for executive leadership, legislature, or industry leaders is helpful. Team leadership experience.
OTHER: Valid driver's license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation for work-related travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong logical reasoning skills,
• high attention to detail,
• strong organizational skills,
• ability to maintain multiple projects while meeting deadlines,
• ability to document and remember dataset nuances,
• strong interpersonal skills,
• ability to work with peers of highly varied backgrounds and skill sets,
• must be comfortable interacting with executive level personnel on a semi-regular basis.
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetics.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, please visit our website, http://dhhs.ne.gov.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!