For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: ,PA,United States |
You know that health benefits can be confusing to understand. Wouldn't you love an opportunity to help people untangle their benefits to take better control of their health? West's Health Advocate division is looking to hire Evening Benefits Specialists for our Plymouth Meeting location! Our Benefits Specialists are knowledgeable about health insurance and benefit plans, and great answer-finders and problem-solvers. As this is a member-facing role, our Benefits Specialists are also good listeners, friendly, and compassionate.
We offer Great Benefits! The benefits package for this position includes very generous Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holiday policy, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) with a match. Health Advocate has an Onsite fitness facility, yoga classes, Employee Assistance Program, wellness programs, and employee activities to support employees with various goals.
As a Benefit Specialist, you would be responsible for:
- Professionally answer incoming calls and respond to client inquiries
- Provides guidance to members on open enrollment issues and benefit options. This includes compare and contrast benefits during Open Enrollment and Special Enrollment Periods
- Connect with customers by phone and quickly develop a rapport to help the individual to navigate their benefit choices and options
- Facilitate obtaining member's medical records
- Place outbound follow up calls for issues that cannot be resolved during the initial call
- Respond to member cases in delegate box and answers after hours calls
- Exchange plan review and comparison
- Medicare A, B, MediGap, Medicare Part D plans
- High deductible health plans
- Flex Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Coordination of Benefits and which plan is primary
- Government programs and resources
- Fully insured and self-insured
- Pharmacy benefits including injectable medications
Applicant for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications: Education
- High School Degree or GED required
- Time spent in pursuit of a Bachelor's degree (e.g. Junior and Senior year) may be substituted in lieu of experience requirements
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, liberal arts, public health, healthcare management, or a related field is preferred
- Minimum of two years customer service, healthcare, or benefits experience required
- Basic Knowledge of MS Word and Excel required
- Previous benefits experience preferred
- Strong communication skills and phone etiquette
- Strong ability to explain complex issues to employees/retirees
- Highly effective listening skills, customer service and customer resolution skills
- Strong problem solving/issues resolution skills
- Organizational and administrative skills
Hours of operation are: Monday - Friday
Full Time: 1 - 9:30 pm; 1:30 - 10:00 pm
Will consider other PT shifts between the hours of 1 pm - 10 pm Hourly compensation includes 10% shift differential for all evening hours worked.ABOUT US
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Intrado develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. ABOUT THE TEAM
Health Advocate is the nation's leading provider of health advocacy, navigation, well-being and integrated benefits programs. For nearly 20 years, Health Advocate has provided expert support to help our members navigate the complexities of healthcare and achieve the best possible health and well-being. Our solutions leverage a unique combination of best-in-class, personalized support with powerful predictive data analytics and a proprietary technology platform to address nearly every clinical, administrative, wellness or behavioral health need. Whether facing common issues or an unprecedented challenge like COVID-19, our team of highly trained, compassionate experts work together to go above and beyond expectations, making healthcare easier for our members and ensuring they get the care they need.