We are in search of a Head of Engineering. The ideal candidate is experienced in attracting, developing, and leading talented groups of engineers and technicians as we grow our organization. Additionally, this individual will provide technical vision, expertise and understand the tradeoffs in making critical decisions for architecture and best practices. Importantly, this individual will lead through developing trust and respect of teammates and the organization.
Currently, the development team is looking for a technical leader to help grow the individuals in terms of skills, thinking and application of technical acumen to problem statements. Ideally, we seek a Software Engineering leader who has " been there, done that" within a growing organization or two.
You will be surrounded by individuals who are passionate about our mission and the impact we can make in this business area. You will experience a supportive, committed, and helpful working environment. There is an opportunity to engage in multiple areas, test concepts, and work cross-functionally to drive change.
What You'll Be Doing:
The successful candidate will have the ability to attract and develop engineering talent and cultivate technology partnerships to execute strategy.
Key Experiences You Possess:
- Create a team and culture that embodies technology innovation and drive business results
- Lead the development and implementation of critical technology solutions for our client's business and their customers
- Responsible for working with stakeholders in creating a clear, convincing technical vision and strategy
- Responsible for scaling and building our products across multiple markets
- Manage the engineering team and inspire the team to learn, grow, collaborate and seek fulfillment in their work
- Build organizational capability within our team by recruiting and retaining outstanding talent and providing mentoring and training
What Makes You Special:
- Knowledge and previous work with distributed systems
- Building and working on large scale SaaS platforms and its requisite components
- Expert in ability to understand customer needs and problems and architect emerging technology and capability solutions
- Excels at attracting and developing diverse technical talent, identifying, and cultivating skills and capabilities
- Aims to provide the best experience to internal employees and end customers
- Collaborative with the ability to shift from big picture, strategic thinking to the tactical implementation
- Clearly evaluate the creation of new functionality for current and future customer needs, infrastructure management and the elimination of technical debt in terms of resource prioritization
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred (IT, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related field)
- Emerging leader in Digital Software Engineering, driving business growth through application and adoption of applicable technologies for customer success and optimization
- 7+ years custom software engineering and engineering management experience
- Deep experience with modern technologies, architectures, and agile development methods
- Experience with cloud-first development and microservice architectures
- Demonstrated program delivery leadership & experience, including major program sponsorship/leadership
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new technologies
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders across the organization, and communicating with business executives
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 608-205-8868 for assistance.Job Location
235 6th St E Unit 400 St. Paul, MinnesotaPosition Type
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 608-205-8868 for assistance.
This job has expired.