GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the direction of the Senior Administrative Manager for Research and general oversight from Directors of Research, the Grant Administrator will perform a full range of functions to support research personnel in the Department of Ob/Gyn. This position provides guidance and support to all aspects of pre-award policies and procedures, preparing administrative materials and budgets for grant submissions, and progress reports, maintains PI Biosketch and Other Support pages, and functions as a liaison to Research Management/Pre-Award, Finance, and other federal and non-federal grantor agencies and subcontracting institutions. They will work with PIs to address staffing needs- from posting to onboarding to offboarding and works to orient, educate, and inform the research community of updates from various sources within MGB. This role will also support the Vincent Center for Reproductive Biology by organizing research meetings, and research forums, updating research websites, and, purchasing, accounts payable, and database management. The candidate must have well-developed organizational and communication skills capable of working independently to produce consistent quality work with minimal supervision and guidance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with grant proposal preparation as assigned. Prepares detailed budgets and justifications and gathers documents from all personnel included in the proposal.
- Creates Insight record and performs data entry of grant application materials into sponsor forms according to funding agency guidelines.
- Prepares/updates biographical sketch, and other support according to the format required by the funding agency.
- Performs literature searches and helps to maintain an accurate PI Bibliography.
- Assists laboratory manager with preparation of correspondence, mailing, and overnight delivery as needed.
- Assist with preparing and organizing materials for presentations at national meetings.
- Attends MGB Research Administration training as appropriate.
- Develops and implements departmental research policies, procedures, and systems to improve research operations and maximize efficiency.
- Reviews financial statements and recommends strategies for financial integrity; works with Sr. Admin Manager and PIs to prevent, identify and resolve projected overruns, deficits or surpluses in a timely manner.
- Assists with space-related projects with MGH Research Space Management and assigned analysts, including the identification and acquisition of funding.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of federal and institutional compliance as it pertains to research. Handles sensitive and confidential matters discreetly to ensure guidelines are followed by staff.
- Assists and orients incoming new (and returning) employees, temps, and non-employees to the center upon arrival.
- Assist the Sr. Administrative Manager with posting positions; distribute resumes and schedule interviews as needed. Manages job descriptions.
- Act as departmental liaison and primary point of contact to GPS office for Professionals and Students for all research staff. Assists with visas for foreign national research staff. Maintains a general working knowledge of visa categories and types.
Projects as Assigned
- Coordinates the credentialing for incoming Research Fellows with the department's credentialing coordinator.
- On a need basis, the Grant Administrator could be assigned to work directly on sponsored projects.
- PC and Mac competency
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and database systems
- Excellent typing and word processing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize work
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Bachelors Degree in Business, or related field preferred
Minimum of 1-3 years of related grants administration experience required.EEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.