GOS Client Accounting Manager
Job Description Summary
The Client Accounting Manager will oversee multiple client accounts, including month end financials, payable functions, client budgeting and reforecasting as well as related corporate reporting tasks.
- Evaluate assignments (scope and profitability) and delegate property responsibilities to staff
- Responsible for the transition and establishment of new assignments with C&W accounting/finance personnel
- Assemble transition team of available personnel to create database for new assignments
- Review and approve content of database to ensure quality and accuracy of tenant records created
- Work with property management and client to define scope of accounting services needed as well as content of monthly operating report
- Perform final review and approval of monthly and annual operating reports
- Authorized to sign on client bank accounts
- Expected to meet with clients and promote the relationship especially as it relates to financial performance and reporting
- Initiate client contact and arrange meetings, e.g. attendance at annual budget review or occasional monthly operating review meetings
- Monitor regular performance of financial staff, ensuring that all deadlines and financial requirements of management agreements are met
- Perform periodic quality control reviews of field locations as required by C&W ethics policy
- Develop training programs for new and existing accounting personnel
- Remit collections of payroll and fees to C&W corporate personnel
- Monitor payroll and management fee receivable reports generated by C&W corporate personnel, limiting C&W's exposure for bad debts by diligent pursuit of collections
- Participate in presentations for new assignments as a financial representative of C&W's Client Solutions
- Assist Branch Client Solutions Group Director in evaluating profitability of assignments
- Perform annual reviews and evaluations of personnel supervised
- Approve voiding of checks to vendors
- Prepare Form 1099's for annual filing with IRS for applicable vendors
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.