AstraZeneca's Biopharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to enhance the quality of life for our patients. The BBU integrates commercial, market access, medical, digital, and corporate functions to drive scientific development and commercial excellence in the core areas of respiratory, cardiovascular, renal and diabetes disease.
As Global Marketing Director, Chronic Kidney Disease/Heart Failure, role based in Cambridge, UK, Gaithersburg, MD or Wilmington, DE in US, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. This role sits within our broader Biopharmaceutical Business Unit, which helps bridge science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
Our product is a potassium lowering agent that has the potential to redefine hyperkalaemia management for millions of patients worldwide and become a class leading drug. We are at an exciting time for this product, with most major markets now launched (EU4, US, Japan), we must drive early launch success, unlock new patient opportunities to grow the potassium binder market, accelerate additional launches around the world and ensure we have a clear life cycle management plan in place to fulfil our ambition and vision.
As Global Marketing Director, you will play a pivotal role working on a best-in-class treatment for patients who suffer from hyperkalaemia. You will be accountable to evolve the commercial strategy, execute the operational plan and provide launch preparation and 'grow the potassium binder market' support to key countries. The successful candidate must be a strong matrix leader and global commercial leader for this product, with specific responsibility for shaping and implementing brand strategy. Clear thinking with the ability to lead and demonstrate passion for the brand is required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based upon insights and input from key focus markets, drive an integrated and holistic brand strategy, plan and campaign evolution liaising with Medical, Access, Commercial Excellence and other relevant functions for input building and alignment.
- Lead the execution of product strategy and operational plan and roll out, along with continuous evaluation and evolution of the global brand strategy and tactics, making course corrections as needed
- Accountable for working with regions and key markets to ensure both launch readiness / commercial excellence and product ambition is achieved
- Work with external key disease experts and policy stakeholders' relationships in line with brand team objectives - represent the view of the customer and patient in global teams
- Accountable for commercial component of strategic options and strategies supporting Investment decisions for future product opportunities
- Create innovative market development and product programmes in collaboration with broader CVRM (Cardiovascular Renal Metabolism) initiatives
- Develop digital capabilities and new digital collaborations / tools to support HK management and market growth
- Self-starter, able to work independently. High personal drive to find new solutions and challenge the broader organisation to deliver
- Comply with AZ policies, standards and procedures in every interaction
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Strong expertise in market analysis, deep market research insights mining, forecast analysis and business case development with scenario planning
- Thorough understanding of the development process and necessary commercial touch points
- Understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges
- Sufficient understanding of technical risks & implications for the commercial aspects to future brands
- Deep knowledge on market shaping solutions leveraging innovative & disruptive models
- Extensive specialty commercial & marketing experience (ideally Renal or Heart Failure) both in pre and post launch (within or outside AZ)
- Proven track record of strong strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills, with a strong commercial focus
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long-term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases
- Working with R&D, medical affairs, Pricing / Market access as a commercial lead in CFTs
- Working with external customers including patients, prescribers, payers, providers and partners
- Demonstrates commitment to customers (internal or external) by acting ethically to generate value for them and for AZ. Adheres to AZ core values
- Independently identifies growth opportunities, creates a sense of clarity, sets direction, generates commitment, balances short & long-term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Makes and acts on decisions quickly and effectively and fosters the same in others, based on an underlying courage to enable appropriate risk-taking for the business.
- Holds self and others accountable in order to ensure performance expectations (both the 'what' and the 'how') are met or exceeded.
- Skills to influence R&D to ensure strong commercial focus
- Actively creates and promotes cross-boundary collaboration with the aim of achieving better business results. Boundaries can exist between individuals, geographies, cultures, teams, functions, organizations, etc.
Develops People and Organization
- Invests one's time and energy to proactively develop oneself, others, and the organization
- Specialty medicines with complex ecosystems (patients, healthcare providers, systems, payer)
- Global/international experience
- Relevant TA experience
- Inline Brand Marketing Company experience (or external equivalent)
- Market development and expansion work (Pre-launch and/or Post-launch)
- Exposure to and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
This job has expired.