Global Brand Director, Immuno-Oncology
Cambridge, UK or Gaithersburg, US
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
Job posting start date: 9th May 2022
Job posting close date: 17th May 2022
Please note that we are recruiting for multiple Global Brand Directors across the IO franchise, so these positions will report in to one of the Commercial Heads within the IO franchise who in turn report to the VP of Global Marketing for IO.
As Commercial Leadership within Oncology, our ability to effectively and creatively market our products and lead our business has a meaningful impact. It powers our business to lead the way for the industry and to impact more lives - making a difference to those living with cancer.
Working across our broad and innovative pipeline, we fuse our business mindset and scientific knowledge to bring transformative medicines and novel treatments to those who need it the most.
True team players, we're a place of trust, excellence and opportunity - where everyone is encouraged to add challenge and excitement to the everyday. Here we try new things, take calculated risks and work as one to go further, faster.
Together, as ambitious experts, we're building the future and leading the next wave of transformation for our patients, business and Oncology.
Global Brand Director, Immuno-Oncology is responsible for providing Strategic Guidance and Leadership for the disease area, global brand team (GBT); and cross-functional teams (Medical, GA&I, Regulatory, Promotion/communications, etc) to ensure successful execution of the commercial strategy, as well as appropriate resources and programs to support global launches.
- Responsible for the creation and successful execution of a long-term vision and strategy for IO disease area(s).
- Lead the IO disease area(s) - Global Brand Team (GBT).
- Represent and deliver on commercial/marketing strategic vision for the disease area(s) Global Portfolio Team (GPT).
- Partnering and collaborate closely with disease area(s) Global Medicines Lead (GML).
- Holds overall accountability for the successful development of commercial strategies and plans to ensure an optimal balance of revenue, volume, margin and access across the portfolio and geographies.
- Engages regions and key markets to build new capabilities, drive launch readiness and commercial excellence
- As indication leads, represents business concerns to senior executives and governance committees.
- Delivers and executes Phase 3/pre-launch marketing strategy & execution plan while ensuring flawless execution against plan.
- Works with extended team to deliver a sustainable pricing and access strategy for multiple indications
- Responsible for the development and global implementation of brand strategy, brand positioning, launch plans/programmes, forecasts and KPIs for a specific disease area(s)
- Strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills, to inform, persuade and lead across regions and markets to ensure strong executional commercial focus and consistency.
- Oversight of commercial strategic input into early product teams, and integration of pipeline assets into Franchise.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in business or scientific graduate degree with a business-related post graduate qualification. Post-graduate degree in biological, chemical, or pharmacological sciences is strongly desired.
- 10+ years' experience in pharmaceutical industry and at least 5 years' experience in oncology/immuno-oncology marketing and/or strategy function or life sciences management consulting
- Leadership competencies, to set direction, inspire commitment, balance short and long term needs and constructively resolve issues
- Strong track record of analysis and fact-based decision-making
- Strong business acumen and complex problem-solving skills
- Experience in setting up short- and long-term strategic plans for oncology portfolios
To safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, customers and communities, AstraZeneca is mandating COVID-19 vaccination for all US-based AstraZeneca and Alexion employees. We will provide accommodations for those unable to be vaccinated based on applicable law, such as those who cannot get vaccinated due to a medical or religious reason. We continue to work diligently to ensure the health and safety of our employees and workplaces and have in place a number of safety measures and guidelines, including providing access to personal protective equipment and COVID-19 testing
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.