General Surgical Pathologist - San Juan Capistrano, CA
Pathologists are responsible for interpreting and reporting results from a variety of anatomic and clinical pathology assays, with the highest quality possible for the Hematology/Oncology laboratories. This includes accountability for meeting established quality and productivity measures and working together collaboratively with Operations to coordinate testing and reporting. This position also requires frequent interaction with clients to provide clinical and pathological consultations. Regular participation in quality control, quality assurance, compliance, marketing and staff education are also required.
- Reads and interprets results for medical use accurately and in a timely manner.
- Routinely communicates with supervisors/managers and technical staff to ensure smooth completion of operational expectations.
- Available to customers, client services and staff for client consultations.
- Collection of medical information required for interpretations.
- Case follow-up, documentation and database management
- Resolves problems through interaction with clients via phone call or other means of communication.
- Insures ethical and legal compliance regarding testing and confidentiality.
- Participates in the development of educational materials for staff as well as serves as a resource for technical staff.
- Actively participates in the Hematology-Oncology and Coagulation Departmental meetings.
- Assists Marketing and Sales to promote testing related to hematology-oncology testing.
- Provides support for R & D to validate and learn newly developed assays.
- Education of staff and community as directed.
Inquiries can be directed to:
- MD, MD/PhD, or DO required
- Sub-specialty training in either Hematopathology or Surgical Pathology desired
- Board certification of eligibility by American Board of Pathology in anatomic and clinical pathology
- Medical licensure or eligible to attain licensure to practice in California
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated decision-making and organizational skills
- The capability to be continuously updated in literature in regard to its medical applications
- Ability to work as part of a team
This job has expired.