If you like to Cook - take a look at this great opportunity! $15.48/hour with an additional $3.00/hour for every hour worked. PLUS $2,000 sign-on bonus! Conditions apply. We want you to join our team!
Do love to cook, enjoy working with others, and want to make difference in the lives of Nebraska Youth? If so, WE NEED YOU!
What we can offer you:
• $ 3.00 / hour Facility Differential for all hours worked - bringing the wage to $18.48/hour!
• $2,000 sign on bonus!
• Stable Employment Opportunity
• Career Development and Learning
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Generous Leave Accruals and benefits
• Opportunity to be part of a caring organization
• Flexible Schedules Schedule: Morning schedule, 5:30 AM to 1:30 PM with weekend rotation
Location: YRTC Kearney, 2802 30th Ave, Kearney, NE 68845
Examples of Work
As a Food Service Worker you will:
• Prepare, season, cook, and bake food items according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, and numbers of portions to be served.
• Train food service staff in the preparation of simple foods/snacks and in the serving of all food, and in dishwashing, cleaning, and routine equipment maintenance.
• Clean and maintain kitchen equipment.
• Maintain kitchen and dining room records, working as a team . May order, receive, store and distribute food supplies.
• May train, monitor, and counsel youth in the preparation and serving of food and maintaining sanitary conditions; assists with menu planning;
• Performs administrative tasks related to food service management such as records maintenance, inventory counts, inspection and storage; monitors and reports on youth attendance and behavior; and performs security tasks as required by facility procedures.
• May assist food service management personnel in scheduling and distributing the work assignments of food service staff and/or youth.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Coursework, training and/or experience in food preparation, baking and/or kitchen operations in the food service industry or related field.
OTHER: This position includes lifting up to fifty pounds to carry food items, equipment and supplies, bending, stooping, and standing for long periods in a high temperature/high humidity environment.
PREFERRED: Six or more months of previous food service experience with preference of large scale cooking.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: kitchen and dining room safety practices; special diets provided by the facility; recipes and cooking techniques for the preparation of meats, vegetables, soups, salads and baked goods; facility food preparation schedules; food sanitation practices; the proper handling and processing of a variety of vegetables and fruits; kitchen safety practices; kitchen equipment and utensils; facility standards and procedures for the cleaning of dishes, utensils, equipment and facilities; facility specific security and emergency procedures.
Ability to: communicate effectively with facility residents, patients, members, inmates, and co-workers; train lower level food service staff or inmates in all aspects of kitchen and dining room operations; prepare the most complex or difficult recipes; safely use sharp, heavy or hot kitchen equipment, utensils or supplies; understand and enforce rules governing the conduct of inmates; train and supervise in all aspects of kitchen and dining room operations; alter menus to accommodate needs and food stuffs on hand; keep records; follow instructions; tolerate high temperature and high humidity; bend, stoop, lift and carry food items, equipment and supplies.
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetics.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Division of Children and Family Services, please visit our website, http://dhhs.ne.gov.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 18 hours ago
Posted about 18 hours ago
Fort Collins, Colorado
Posted about 14 hours ago