Responsible to maintain and repair all food service equipment on campus including production cooking and preparation equipment, range hoods, and ice machines, dishwashing machines, and similar equipment to provide safe and operable equipment necessary to feed the customers of the University of Richmond Dining Services.
- Maintain and effect repairs in a timely fashion on varied food service equipment and systems including steamers, grilles, ovens, griddles, ice machines, mixers, dish machines, garbage disposers, exhaust hoods, etc.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to include food production equipment, cleaning and sanitizing equipment, and refrigeration systems as necessary.
- Order parts as needed to effect repairs in an expeditious manner and maintain an inventory of critical spare parts.
- Communicates the status of equipment and repairs and other such information to supervisor, food service managers and other interested parties as required to indicate status and progress of work through writing, email, and informal meeting with staff.
- Coordinate work with other trades or departments
- All Facilities employees are expected to exercise behavior in accordance with University policies as well as with the Facilities Mission and Statement of Core
- All Facilities employees are expected to comply with safety standards and demonstrate safe work
- Ability to conduct repairs and preventative maintenance after hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of the varied food service equipment
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams and service manuals
- Possess basic estimating skills to accurately assess labor and material costs for projects
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations pertaining to work Ability to use tools, electrical meters, and equipment correctly and safely.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair problems
- Communicate clearly and professionally to all necessary key interfaces information pertaining to quality completion of work
- Knowledge of steam powered cooking equipment is a plus
- Knowledge of refrigeration circuits, theory, and operation is a plus
- Brazing skills/ability is a plus
- Working knowledge of R-290 is a plus
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical training in mechanical trade desirable
- Work history indicating successful outcomes in same or similar field
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; 8 hrs./day; 40 hrs./week; flexibility required
- All Facilities employees are designated as essential personnel and are subject to work outside the normal
schedule on an emergency basis and are also subject to planned overtime work as required by the immediate
Pay Grade 5 (Hiring Range $18.79 to $24.90 per hour) ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.