Datasite is where deals are made. We provide the data rooms and SaaS technology used in M&A and other high-value transactions, to deliver projects in more than 170 countries. Carrying that success into the future is all about you. Your useful skills, your unusual experience, your unique ideas. Everyone here brings something unexpected. What's yours? Invest your talents in us, and we'll return the compliment.
Datasite is growing and looking for a bright, energetic and motivated candidate to join our team. We are looking for a financial reporting and technical accounting specialist who is excited to roll-up their sleeves and develop processes that will scale with our growth. A successful leader in this role is someone who can work independently but also enjoys working cross functionally with business, operations and technical colleagues to develop financial reporting and technical accounting processes. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, then this may be the role for you!
The Financial Reporting Analyst, Principal is an integral team member of the Finance team and supports the Controller, VP and all aspects of the financial reporting and technical accounting processes. In general, this role is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of information for all external financial reporting to lenders, shareholders, board of directors and executive management including quarterly and annual SEC quality reports. This role is also responsible for determining and documenting the Company's accounting policies and position on relevant transactions. Success in this role requires strong teamwork and collaborative skills to work and communicate across functional teams such as Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, Treasury and Financial Systems. Qualified candidates will have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesFinancial Reporting:
- Promote the Company's Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of the Corporate Accounting & Reporting team.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges.
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities.
- Accountable for executing and delivering accurate and timely SEC-caliber reporting on an annual and quarterly basis to our lenders, shareholders, board of directors and executive management including basic financial statements, footnote disclosures and MD&A.
- Accountable for the preparation of quarterly debt covenant compliance and annual excess cash flow calculations as required by the Company's debt agreements.
- Gather and maintain all supporting documentation for all financial reporting to lenders, shareholders, board of directors and executive management.
- Review consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Coordinate data collection process with business units and corporate functions including FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Legal, HR and Shared Services.
- Review statement of cash flows including the effect of foreign currency exchange rate changes.
- Review Management EBITDA addback costs for proper recognition and classification and prepare the EBITDA cash flow analysis with analysis.
- Accountable for the annual (or trigger event) evaluation of the carrying amount of goodwill.
- Assist the external valuation team in determining the estimated market value of non-publicly traded stock and implied value of goodwill using the income approach.
- Gather inputs in the format required by the external valuation team (e.g., the Company's current five-year plan, projected capital spending, fair value of debt and capitalization table)
- Verify/analyze the data presented in the resulting report and related exhibits prepared by the external valuation team.
- Prepare the disclosure checklist for annual reports.
- Provide information as necessary to assist the external auditors in their review of annual reports.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Perform additional process improvements, ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned.
- Understand transactional workflow, be knowledgeable about the sources of data, ensure data integrity and collaborate with relevant parties for necessary adjustments.
- Maintain and update process documentation for financial reporting processes.
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- Primary business contact for complex contractual structures to ensure the Company optimizes the appropriate accounting and financial reporting impacts.
- Perform technical accounting research for relevant transactions affecting the Company. Prepare technical accounting memos to support accounting positions as required.
- Assist the controllership team in implementing any new accounting standards. Research, evaluate and manage the implementation of new accounting standards as required.
- Manage new initiatives in accordance with current policies.
- Evaluate the impact of new businesses/significant process changes as well as external requirements.
- Maintain and update the Company's accounting policies to ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- Provide coaching, leadership and review responsibilities for the controllership function as necessary.
- Continually review the internal process for efficiency improvements.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- Required: Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting requirements.
- CPA certification strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience; public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Deadline oriented, self-motivated and superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork with the ability to work independently.
- Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills, including complex problem solving, troubleshooting and decision making.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to present technical, numerical, complex data to stakeholders in an effective and persuasive manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- High regard for confidential information and excellent professional judgement.
- Thrives and is comfortable with autonomy and accountability.
- Ability to adapt to change and identify process improvements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Flexible work hours necessary to accommodate critical deadlines.
- System/reporting experience in Workday and Adaptive beneficial, but not required.
- Hybrid remote arrangement acceptable.