Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Financial Analyst will report to and support the Sr. Finance Manager in leading Globe Life's corporate strategic financial planning process, quarterly guidance, long-term forecast, including capital planning. The individual will be responsible for maintaining complex financial models based on an assessment and understanding of key drivers and assumptions. Individual will be responsible for generating financial reports, presentations, monthly and quarterly reviews, and related analysis for executive management, Globe Life's BOD, and other stakeholders. Individual will evaluate the financial impact of key strategic initiatives, maintain financial oversight, advise operations, and support the development of appropriate KPIs, baseline projections, progress tracking and reporting to drive accountability.
- Consolidate, reconcile, validate, and obtain clarification of financial information from multiple sources to develop annual operating plan and forecast.
- Identify and recommend process improvements that significantly reduce workloads and reporting redundancies.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to consolidate the Annual Operating Summary and quarterly revisions for earnings guidance.
- Update financial models that support the annual operating plan, forecast, reporting and analysis for corporate earnings guidance.
- Support the development of corporate strategic business analysis and insights for executive talking points.
- Support the development of financial models and analysis of the business performance and recommend action plans, including gap closures, considerations for managing cost, growing the revenue and profitability.
- Support the development of capital planning models, reports, and templates.
- Support the development of the financial business case supporting capital investments and allocation of resources and measure the impact using IRR, NPV and ROI.
- Support the development and implementation of the processes, templates, and governance around financial business case development, KPIs, executive reporting and progress tracking.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the corporate strategic initiatives, priorities and issues of the business.
- Serve as an active member of project/initiative teams - capturing financial assumptions and offering financial perspective to project issues/challenges to drive to outcomes.
- Collaborate with other finance team members to ensure the annual operating plan, and strategic projections accurately reflect the status of large-scale enterprise initiatives.
- Maintain reporting/tracking of key metrics for strategic initiatives to drive accountability for expected outcomes/results.
- Develop financial models and tools for centralized/standardized reporting and analyses that aid team.
- Hybrid work model that includes onsite and remote days as determined by manager.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate financial planning, reporting and analysis.
- Proven analytical skills and financial modeling experience with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven experience in building complex financial models that forecast a company's income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Balances data and information and makes decisions using both a sense of what is correct and logical.
- Ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior leaders and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to easily build effective relationships with senior management to become a trusted advisor/partner of the business.
- Demonstrates strong initiative with the ability to work independently, identify issues and succinctly present solutions.
- Balances a high sense of urgency with presenting detail-oriented and accurate financial information.
- Takes initiative and is not satisfied with the status quo.
- Actively participates in team meetings and is involved in developing individual and team project plans.
- Demonstrates a willingness to persist when faced with obstacles or adversity.
- Willingness to accommodate the rigor of annual and quarterly reporting cycle.
This job has expired.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a public company, working in corporate finance, preferably within the insurance or financial services industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with progressive technical and operational business experience.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel with an aptitude in financial modeling, planning systems and reporting for analysis.
- Experience with corporate performance management software solutions, Anaplan a plus
- Experience with data visualization software (Power BI or Tableau)