AZZ Bus Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of AZZ Inc. We\'rean engineering and manufacturing operation located near Jackson, Mississippi.Our custom-built, medium voltagepower distribution systems are found in power plants across the U.S.A., and around the world.
We have an outstanding opportunity for aField Service Techto join our team. In this position, you will coordinate, supervise & perform installation and repair work on electricalbus systems at power generating facilities.
Theposition is based atour RichlandMississippiplant -- but this is a \"road warrior\" position!75% overnight travel is expected.
- Atleast two years of work experience in welding, construction, electrical, or other relevant field
- Prior experience in a job requiringheavy travel
- Valid driver's license andacceptable driving history
- Able to pass frequent background checks and drug/alcohol tests, as required for admittance to power generating facilities
- Willing/able to work at heights
- Supervisory experience
- Experience coordinating construction jobs
- Experience workinginpower plants or other major industrial complexes
- Post-high school education and basic computer skills
- Coordinate equipment and supplies needed at remote job sites
- Travel to job site, meet with customer, andmake on-site assessment of job
- Performhands-oninstallation, maintenance, and repair duties as needed
- Supervise subcontractors
- Report progress to home office daily and submit necessary paperwork in a timely fashion
Variable schedule. Must be available to work as needed,including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Up to 75% travel, including occasional extended stay trips (over 1 week in duration). International tripsmay also be required.
Spends app. 2/3 of time at industrial and power-generating job sites, in outdoors weather conditions (may involve extreme heat, humidity, or cold.) App. 2/3 of time is spent at risk of electrical shock, near moving or vibrating mechanical parts. 1/3 to 2/3 of time may be spent working at heights of up to 300 feet. Remaining 1/3 of time is spent in a temperature-controlledbuildings and/or in a manufacturing environment.
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing/walking and talking/hearing. Lifts/positions items weighing up to 50 lbs. less thanof time. Spends 1/3 to 2/3 of time using hands, and reaching. Less than 1/3 of time is spent climbing, stooping, crawling, and sitting. Generally requires clear vision at close distances (for reading and inspecting). Clear distance/peripheral vision is required for driving and operating equipment.
This position includes competitive pay and a full benefits package. Compensation includes frequent overtime pay, field premium pay, and travel pay. Lodging is provided while traveling.Benefits include a comprehensive array of insurance offerings (health, dental, vision, life, short/long term disability, etc.) as well asother offerings (bonus plan, paid holidays and vacation, tuition assistance, stock purchase plan, etc.)Recommended Skills
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Richland, MSJob Type
Skilled Labor - TradesExperience
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.