As our Field Sales Representative in Lowe's and Home Depot, you will travel around your region as the go-to Rust-Oleum product expert. Every day, you will work at the retail level to build relationships with associates and answer product questions that lead to sales. When your retail partners have questions about our products, they should trust that they can call you. To thrive, you have to be self-motivated and show up every day ready to meet, and teach, someone new all about why they should recommend Rust-Oleum for painting challenges.
As our Field Sales Representative, you can expect:
- To write your own to-do list that includes visiting Lowe's and Home Depot stores in your region to make a great impression along with training Lowe's and Home Depot associates on new and current products.
- To do some merchandising and setting the shelves according to the planagrams provided.
- To meet new people every day and build relationships with store associates.
- A team you can rely on to answer hard customer questions.
- That we'll take care of you today, and tomorrow. We offer a company car, 401k, and pension.
(Interested parties must live within the Orange County, CA territory in which they service)
- Experience in retail merchandising, product promotions and/or product demonstration.
- Professional demeanor
- Able to connect quickly with a wide variety of people, and communicate in a style that is likable, relatable, and persuasive.
- Enthusiastic and energetic!
- Able to keep demonstrations consistent, but also fresh and engaging.
- Ability and willingness to travel, drive, and engage in considerable physical activity. You must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, lift and move products, and use products as appropriate for the demonstration.
- Great organizational ability, attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently and without immediate supervision.
- Good energy level, patience and ability to adapt to changing circumstances and personalities.
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.