We are currently seeking a Field Service Mechanic to support our Maintenance Services group. Reporting to the Maintenance Services Manager. The Field Service Mechanic will primarily be responsible for safe repair, planned, and preventative maintenance of rock crusher machines and other fixed plant equipment at our operating sites.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Maintain a TIIR (Total Injury Incident Rate) of 0 supported by reporting all near misses through the Canvas app, achieving 100% compliance on operational pre-shift equipment checks and utilizing the Guardian Angel Creed to educate and lookout for fellow employees
- Lead or assist in repair and maintenance of all types of rock crushers including gyratory crushers, jaw crushers, cone crushers, and impact crushers. Tasks may range from liner changes and lubrication system maintenance through complete machine replacement.
- Measure and inspect crusher components in the field to determine whether to use, repair, or replace using micrometers, calipers, and various measurement tools.
- Generate field reports to document findings, corrective actions, and root causes.
- Manage and document field expenses to be billed out by work order process to quarries.
- Maintain all company issued equipment in safe working condition and DOT compliance with hours of service.
- Complete task training on company service truck and all tools immediately upon hire.
- Complete task training on all service cranes, trucks, welders and torches within 90 days of hire
- Complete torch training and evaluation program within the first 90 days
- Support Preventative Maintenance directives of annual crusher surveys and crusher daily inspections through completion and hands on training on sites.
- The candidate must believe and practice safety as the number one priority
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Must be a self-motivated, strong work ethic individual that is willing to work with minimal supervision and at high level of accountability to operational requirements
- A strong mechanical background
- Ability to field weld with multiple processes, cut with plasma, and various traditional and thermal torches
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in aggregates production or on rock crushing equipment.
- Ability to correctly measure parts, clearances and interference fits with micrometers and calipers are necessary to perform the job functions
- Basic computer skills with the ability to report and transfer information
- Must have the willingness and ability to travel on a frequent level
- Ability to work outdoors in changing weather conditions, cold and wind, sometimes rain, will be required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. will be required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.