The Field Engineer's mission is to assist the Project Manager, Superintendent, Project Engineer(s), and all other on-site construction staff in various areas. Specific areas may include tracking and assistance with RFI's; processing change orders; general project layout assistance relating to engineering plans and specs; and assisting with the project close out process.
- Assist with evaluation of field conditions and acceptance testing
- Support quality assurance and quality control engineering materials testing
- Review project drawings and coordinate any design changes
- Review shop drawings for accuracy and completeness
- Provide document control assistance for correspondence, submittals, design releases etc.
- Initiate engineering design clarifications
- Perform quantity tracking and productivity analysis for maximization of operation efficiency
- Assist with preparing and updating project schedule and interact will all involved in scheduling decision processes
- Manage subcontractors field operations and verify contract payments
- Provide design assistance to the project engineer for the design of temporary structures using computer aided design tools
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university, Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- A basic understanding of the working concepts of Heavy Civil/Tunnel/Bridge/Highway projects from start to finish - bidding process through project close out.
- Ability to understand basic project components and analyze schematics such as engineering drawings and specs; estimates, change orders, and schedules.
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Problem-solving abilities
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.