Plymouth Rock has been awarded the #1 Large Employer in New Jersey in 2021. We would love for you to join our award winning team!
The Field Auto Damage Appraiser is responsible for preparing physical damage estimates on vehicles where a claim has been submitted for first or third party damages. The party will be required to provide a high level of customer service while utilizing measures to control severities. This position will service the Independent Agent business of Plymouth Rock.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education
- Survey damages, prepare estimates and negotiate settlements on partial and total losses within their established authority level.
- Issue drafts to the appropriate parties.
- Document the claim file as necessary.
- Complete re inspections and supplements in a timely manner and in accordance with all guidelines.
- Comply with all production standards and estimating guidelines
- Ensure that service, expense control and public relations are maintained at all times.
- Complete reports on investigative assignments.
- Participate in team meetings
- Participate in catastrophic claim handling when requested. This may include overnight travel for extended periods of time.
- Adhere to privacy guidelines and State Compliance Regulations
About the Company
- College Degree or Comparable Industry Experience
- Auto claims appraisal experience required.Territory - Central New Jersey
- Must have valid Driver license and favorable driving record.PA and NY appraisal License a plus.
- ICAR or Vale training a plus.
- Adverse conditions are encountered while inspecting vehicles. Incumbent must be able to work outside in inclement weather.
- Comfortable completing inspections of damaged vehicles including but not limited to crawling under and around vehicles, inspecting vehicles in tight quarters at body shops and salvage yards, etc.
- Must be willing to participate in catastrophe claim handling when requested. This may include traveling to other locations, extended and weekend hours, and up to a three week stay away from home.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Body shop experience a plus but not required.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience using Mitchell Estimating software a plus.
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner's insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,900 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of "A-/Excellent".
This job has expired.