On the 2nd shift, this position assists in maintaining and repairing the proper working condition of all company property, utility equipment, process equipment and HVAC systems. They must be able to perform onsite facilities repair and preventative maintenance work orders on all physical aspects of all buildings, manufacturing equipment, controls, landscape, and HVAC systems.
- Knowledge in the repair and maintenance of the following equipment:
- Heating, cooling, or ventilation equipment
- Compressed air systems/dryers
- Sewage systems
- Central vacuum
- Power and electricity
- Nitrogen generation systems
- Analyzes and solves technical maintenance problems
- Work according to plan maintenance SOP’s, PMO’s and protocols
- P. M’s are followed and performed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Working knowledge of all hand tools, meters, test manifolds
- To be able to weld, solder, thread pipes, paint, construct and demo when needed
- A good working knowledge of electrical wiring and installation, control wiring, PlC knowledge a plus
- Understanding and able to manage a building management control system
- The ability to communicate and work with outside contractors
- Be able to lift or move a minimum of 75lbs
- Be able to climb a straight ladders/ and or staircase
Company Overview Who we are?
- Minimum of Degree or equivalent in electrical/mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 1 years experience in the pharmaceutical facility management
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patients' lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.