BGIS is looking for a Facility Manager to join the team in Portland, ME and surrounding areas.
The Facility Manager is responsible for operations and budget management, service delivery management, project management, client relationship management, health and safety, and emergency preparedness and business continuity for an assigned portfolio.
Service Delivery Management
- Manages the operations and maintenance activities as well as annual facility programs of a portfolio of facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring facility uptime objectives are met. Ensures the continued safe and reliable operations of the portfolio of facilities managed.
- Creates and implements annual facility management plans.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders and oversees the implementation of facility-related programs.
- Oversees maintenance and repair activities and performance of internal Technicians and service providers. Ensures work is completed on time, safely and meet quality requirements.
- Ensures all relevant documentations (i.e. annual facility inspections, equipment data, project files, etc.) are captured within service maintenance databases.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to evaluate capital assets (i.e. equipment, etc.) and to make recommendations for maintenance, repair and replacement and inclusion within the capital budget.
- Continuously seeks ways to gain greater efficiencies through activities such as recommending and implementing best practices, collaborating with internal teams to implement sustainable practices and improvement initiatives, utilizing internal Technicians wherever possible, etc.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to optimize assigned portfolio and continuously create value for the client.
Risk Management, Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Planning and Execution
- Responsible for meeting client obligations.
- Resolves problems and/or conflicts and maintains open communication with the client including providing regular written and oral reports to ensure satisfaction
- Recommends solutions and implements appropriate actions for issues
- Monitors service delivery performance against established metrics/key performance indicators. Identifies gaps, develops and executes corrective action plans to ensure all objectives are met.
- Monitors all service requests to ensure within agreed upon scope and escalates to senior management, where required.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all legislated, corporate and industry-related requirements and guidelines including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, and building standard requirements.
Health, Safety, Environment & Security
- Executes emergency preparedness, risk management, disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders on incident management-related requirements
Client Relationship Management
- Moderate to large-sized portfolios; and/or
- Facilities of moderate to high complexity; and/or
- Contract requirements of moderate to high complexity
- Acts as the focal point of contact and collaborates with Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Team to ensure ongoing compliance with all health and safety related legislation and requirements.
- In collaboration with Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Team, administer vendor safety-related accreditation, training and qualification, where required.
- Organizes and facilitates health and safety-related meetings with vendors to ensure ongoing safety compliance.
- Monitors and is responsible for the safe delivery of all work performed within assigned portfolios.
Budget Development & Management
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with clients. Ensures ongoing client satisfaction.
- Acts as the focal point of escalation for issues pertaining to facilities managed.
- Responsible for meeting budget for assigned portfolio.
- Develops and manages budget for portfolio and project expenses. Collaborates with Finance to ensure affordability, budget management and ongoing profitability.
- Liaises with relevant operations team members and Finance team for reports to monitor expenses.
- Reviews and approves expenditures.
- Develops and executes project plans and related estimated costs and budget for assigned portfolio.
- Oversees project delivery.
- Liaises with relevant stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered with minimum disruptions to facilities and all relevant data are received and updated into database.
- Ensures all regulatory compliance requirements have been performed and all related documentations are created and maintained.
- Collaborates with Procurement and Supply Chain Administration teams to source and qualify vendors, source and procure goods and services.
- Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the facilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Responsible for employee-oriented activities including but not limited to employee engagement, development and performance management, hiring and retention, compensation recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Community college diploma
- 4 to 6 years of facility management work experience
- Solid facility operations and maintenance management abilities
- Solid proficiency with facility equipment and building systems.
- Solid service delivery management abilities
- Solid budget management abilities
- Developed communication, influence, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Solid client relationship management abilities
- Solid people leadership skills
- Solid vendor management abilities
- High degree of client service orientation and sense of urgency
- Solid project management abilities
- Solid emergency preparedness and business continuity planning and execution abilities
- Possesses a sustainability mindset and seeks to incorporate sustainable practices within assigned portfolio where possible
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety requirements. Possesses a high degree of safety mindset
- Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset and seeks to continuously improve and incorporate best practices where applicable
- Maintains current knowledge of and demonstrates Solid ability to implement facility management services best practices.
- Solid knowledge of current building standards, code and legislative requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIROMENT
- Certified Facility Manager through International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- Certified Property Manager through Institute of Real Estate Management
- Facility Management Administrator Designation through Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)
- Real Property Administrator through Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)
Ability and willingness to travel about 50%.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Visit us online at https://www.bgis.com/us/careers/
for more information.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
This job has expired.