Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Responsible for environmental, health, and safety at 4 locations (Brooklyn Park, Eagan, Louisville, and San Jose)
- Manages site level support resources for facilities, equipment, and EH&S duties.
- Conducts inspections required by federal regulations, safety standards, and corporation programs and policies.
- Assists in incident investigations and coordination of corrective actions. Conducts follow-up on safety observations, near miss reports and incident reports.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation.
- Reviews and approves new hazardous chemicals, conducts inventory of hazardous chemicals, and maintains the Safety Data Sheet database per 29 CFR 1910.1200 Hazard Communication Standard.
- Leads the EHS Committee
- Provides or coordinates routine training such as CPR, First Aid, Emergency Response, Powered Industrial Vehicle, etc.
- Performs safety maintenance including maintenance of safety signs, other minor safety equipment and inventory of equipment.
- Assigns learning management system safety training and inputs training documentation into the learning management system in compliance with OSHA recordkeeping requirements.
- Provides EHS support during 6S events, Job Safety Analyses, PPE Assessments, and facility projects.
- Performs annual review of Environmental, Health, and Safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Facilitates and supports waste shipments and maintains hazardous waste storage areas through weekly inspections.
- Creates, modifies, and troubleshoots security system functions using access control security software.
- Responsible for coordinating and routine or corrective actions for ISO 14644 certified controlled environments.
- Assists in planning, facilitation, and follow-up of EHS engagement activities.
- Individual must be a visible presence throughout manufacturing and lab areas to continuously reinforce safety awareness.
- Develops and manages division wide programs that promote the understanding and acceptance of all company initiatives getting each Nordson employee involved.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- 2+ years of facility maintenance experience
- 2-5 years EHS profession experience preferably in Medical Device
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations (OSHA, Hazard Communications, Accident Investigation and Safety Training Methods, etc.)
- Strong knowledgeable of industry best practice regarding safety and environmental management practices
- Knowledge of FDA QSR, ISO 13485 and ISO 14971 Risk Assessment
- Professional experience and background in Business Financials, Manufacturing KPI's and Strategic Planning - S&OP experience preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently while exercising sound judgement
- Excellent computer skills, including hands on experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...)
- Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
- Ability to think strategically and critically analyze details.
- Able to coordinate and implement multiple site initiatives that allow for site differences to be considered.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal.
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts.
Manufacturing Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.