History Nebraska seeks a proactive and organized administrative professional to serve as the assistant to the Agency Director. The Executive Assistant is accountable for managing the Director's time and calendar and serving as liaison to the Board of Trustees and other commissions. The Executive Assistant will provide logistical support to the Board of Trustees and their committees while also coordinating special projects and supporting organization-wide activities.
History Nebraska is a statewide educational institution connecting people to the past through our library and research center, museum, conservation facility, interpretive sites, and the state archeology and historic preservation offices. History Nebraska preserves and interprets our state's past, contributes to the education of its citizens, and uses the tools of history to shape a better future for all Nebraskans. History Nebraska's goal is to be the most engaging and relevant state historical society in the nation.
Our five core values are:
• We Do It Better Every Time. We are always looking to improve. When we fail, we know why and learn from it.
• We Have Each Other's Back. We work in groups; we support one another to ensure our projects are amazing.
• We Own It. If we say we are going to do something, we do our best to get it done.
• We Are Curious. We never stop learning and we encourage curiosity in others.
• We Are Inclusive. We seek multiple perspectives and value the uniqueness of each individual.
Hiring rate of pay:$21.606-$22.687 Pay rate may be commensurate with education and/or experience within fiscal constraints, if approved.
Location: 1500 R Street, Lincoln
Examples of Work
• Serves as liaison to the Board of Trustees including scheduling and logistics of quarterly board meetings.
• Manages special projects, assists with research, and participates in strategic planning meetings.
• Schedules and handles logistics for internal and external meetings.
• Plans Director's travel and creates itineraries, including transportation, accommodations, meetings, visits, and reconciles travel expenses.
• Supports Director's roles and responsibilities in professional associations.
• Drafts and executes Director's correspondence.
• Manages presentations, documentation, and record-keeping for the Director.
• Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: helping other departments, participating in interdepartmental committees and working groups; participating in community outreach events.
Qualifications / Requirements
Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, accounting or any discipline related to the work assigned. One year of experience in planning, organizing, and implementing program administrative or business financial functions. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree, non-profit experience and an interest in museums preferred. Superior writing and communications skills and a minimum of three years administrative experience, preferably providing executive level support. Working knowledge of museums, especially history museums is a plus.
Other: Position requires occasional in-state travel. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires strong organizational and Microsoft Office/Google Workspace
• Ability to handle confidential information and maintain effective working relationships with external contacts as well as employees at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Excellent computer skills and a strong command of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint and their Google Workspace counterparts.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
• Friendly and professional demeanor.
• An active approach to problem solving.
• A high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent customer service skills and conflict resolution skills.
• Must be committed to the organization's core values and demonstrates them regularly in their work.
**History Nebraska collects, preserves, and opens to all; the histories we share. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is an essential element in making Nebraska's rich history available to everyone. History Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Our work is meaningful and challenging, and we believe diverse perspectives will make it better.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 23 hours ago
Posted about 23 hours ago
Fort Collins, Colorado
Posted about 19 hours ago