Description - External
Responsible for the administrative/secretarial support to the Strategic Leadership Team exercising independency, judgment and experience to ensure the timely communication of information to and from the individuals and/or department.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with hospital personnel, board members, medical staff, community leaders, other health care professionals, and patients.
- Types, transcribes, word processes, copies, collates, and faxes various correspondence, reports, minutes, legal documents, and other materials.
- Screens and reviews written communications, initiates action as needed and/or researches and provides information to assist our Strategic Leadership Team.
- Handles information which may be of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Drafts and edits written communications as necessary.
- Organizes, maintains, and updates administrative files, records, logs, databases, etc.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and arranges the scheduling of internal and external meetings and appointments. Provides necessary agenda materials and arranges for conference room, audio visual, and telecom needs, as well as catering services, as required.
- May attend committee or other meetings as deemed appropriate by member of the Executive Team, taking and preparing minutes as necessary.
- Greets, escorts, directs, and/or assists visitors, patients, hospital personnel, administrative personnel, board members, and medical staff.
- Answers the telephone and gathers screening information; takes, relays, and manages messages and/or provides routine information as necessary.
- Picks up and delivers incoming/outgoing mail - opens, sorts and prioritizes as needed.
- Maintains/updates professional memberships and subscriptions as required.
- Maintains the scheduling of the conference room and board room in the Administrative Department.
- Responsible for the payroll sheets for various members of the Administration Department.
- Prepares forms, requisitions, and orders supplies as necessary.
- Operates Hospital computer system.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in secretarial sciences preferred
- 5-10 years of executive secretarial level experience (combinations of relevant experience/training will be considered)
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent administrative/secretarial skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project coordination experience
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, staff, clients, and vendors
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required
Newton-Wellesley Hospital will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, veteran or active military status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation.