MAQS is looking for a Client Project Manager to manage all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of stationary source, ambient air pollution monitoring, and testing programs and projects. The Client Project Manager is expected to exercise sound professional judgment and function with minimal direct supervision.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Develop test plans, methodology, and safety requirements for each client project.
- Write and/or assist in the submittal of testing proposals, test protocols, and test reports.
- Coordinate all aspects of client projects, including, but not limited to, test method research, equipment procurement and rental, laboratory research and coordination, travel arrangements, logistics, SOP generation and implementation, and regulatory agency interaction and coordination.
- Establish, oversee, and manage project deadlines, in addition to effectively communicating updates to clients and team members.
- Ensure proper performance of source testing methods, including equipment operation and troubleshooting, and improvisation or creation of testing access when necessary.
- Instruct and guide all personnel under their supervision to ensure safe, efficient, expedient, and cost-effective project execution.
- Oversee, assist with, and/or conduct data reduction and test report preparation, as required by the client or regulator.
- Identify quality assurance issues and/or identify solutions to quality assurance issues.
- Ensure compliance with ASTM D 7036-04 requirements.
- Analyze, interpret, and serve as subject matter expert with respect to air permits and regulations.
- Act as a liaison between clients, personnel, government agency representatives, and laboratory personnel for all testing projects.
- Maintain excellent client relationships through effective communication and customer service skills.
- Plan, manage, and execute client projects, from inception to completion, including:
- Assessing client goals, regulatory requirements, and relevant data to craft technical proposals, test plans, and technical reports.
- Overseeing budgeting, and managing profit and loss, on client projects.
- Determining, overseeing, and adjusting project timelines.
- Allocating and directing resources to ensure satisfaction of project goals, timelines, and requirements.
- Managing client expectations.
- Partner with clients to improve operational efficiencies, enhance environmental image, and avoid regulatory fines and penalties.
- Lead, train, and mentor field testing team personnel in execution of EPA methods, identification of and compliance with safety and regulatory requirements, and professional client interactions.
- Determine initial and final pricing structures for invoicing to meet budget goals, and in consideration of objective to cultivate and foster long-term client relationships.
- Must be safe, professional, resourceful, efficient, honest, and careful with equipment.
- Associate's degree or higher, with an emphasis in biology, chemistry, math, or engineering strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience conducting source test projects in the field, unless otherwise excepted by District Manager.
- Maintain QSTI Groups 1-4 (and/or 5) certification, as well as maintain compliance with any random drug testing, DOT, or other required programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of laboratory QA/QC procedures.
- Expansive knowledge of isokinetic, wet chemistry, gaseous, metals, dioxins, RATAs, RCRA trial burns, complex VOC sampling and analysis and other relevant EPA methods.
- Experience managing client relationships and overseeing client projects, including budgeting and managing project costs.
- Proficient in communicating at all levels of the organization.
- Possess good organizational and scheduling skills and have the ability to prioritize.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.
This job has expired.