One of nine campuses of Indiana University, IU Northwest is located in metropolitan Northwest Indiana, approximately 30 miles southeast of Chicago and 10 miles from the Indiana Dunes National Park. The campus has a diverse student population of approximately 3,500 degree-seeking students and 1,800 dual-credit students and has been recognized by the Department of Education as a minority and Hispanic serving institution. The campus offers Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master's degrees from the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Health and Human Services, the School of Business and Economics, the School of the Arts, and the School of Education. The campus is also host to IU School of Medicine-Northwest-Gary, the region's only four-year medical doctorate program. As a student-centered campus, IU Northwest is committed to academic excellence characterized by a love of ideas and achievement in learning, discovery, creativity, research, and community engagement. Indiana University Northwest is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to achieving excellence through diversity. The University actively encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups.
This position is part of the Office of Admissions at Indiana University Northwest, and will report to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management.
The Enrollment Management Leader will provide operational management and oversight to the team of the Admissions staff, identify operational issues and areas of improvement and implement solutions, practices, and policies focused on admitting and enrolling new students. This role manages new students' admissions and recruitment activity and is the primary lead for all transfer enrollment initiatives. The selected candidate will support the Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC) for Enrollment Management with analyzing, monitoring, and evaluating the performance of assigned staff.
Department Specific Responsibilities
- Will lead the implementation of new protocols/procedures to address business needs.
- Prepares management reports and summaries for AVC, serves on various university committees, communities of practice, and task forces related to admissions and recruitment of new students. May represent the AVC at the Regional Director of Admissions Council and other associated meetings.
- Serves in a collaborative role with internal and external stakeholders to identify targets of opportunity to attract and enroll under-represented populations. Participates in the assessment and evaluation of various models.
- Assist AVC and Admissions Counselors in identifying and developing partnerships for outreach to prospective students and influencers.
- Maintains, implements, and oversees holistic recruitment and tactical yield plan for recruitment. Oversees the processing and evaluation of all applications for admissions.
- Assist with integrating a diverse and strategic communications strategy with university resources.
- Counsels potential students regarding courses and grades required for admission.
- May take on escalated and complex issues; will guide other admissions staff.
- Provides day-to-day operational management of enrollment management staff.
- Establishes short-term operational objectives.
- Identifies operational issues and/or areas of improvement and implements solutions to improve processes and/or operational efficiency.
- Analyzes, monitors, and evaluates performance of assigned staff; establishes work priorities, conducts performance reviews, and provides corrective action as needed.
- Ensures adequate staffing and effective scheduling; participates and informs employment decisions for assigned staff.
- Provides direct supervision and oversight of assigned staff and activities; impacts, and is held accountable for, the performance of team and/or assigned staff.
- Ensures and provides training to assigned staff to improve enrollment management operations; researches and identifies development opportunities for assigned staff.
- Researches and stays up-to-date on new industry enrollment management standards, best practices, and emerging technology; keeps next-level leader(s) informed of trends as well as significant problems.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public policy, or related field
- Master's degree in business, public policy, or related field
- 2 years in admissions, enrollment management, higher education student affairs, or related field
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- 2 years in supervisory role in admissions, enrollment management, higher education student affairs, or related field
- 2 years of supervisory experience within sales or customer-related fields
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds
Working Conditions / Demands
- Experience supervising, directing, and leading customer service or sales teams.
- Experience working with customer relations management systems, including virtual meeting platforms.
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing multiple projects and a skill set to inspire constituents.
- Experience recruiting a diverse range of students within Northern Indiana and Chicagoland areas.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Gary, IndianaAdvertised Salary
Annual Salary Pay Range: $50,000 - $55,000Work Hours
Nights and weekend work are required throughout the year.
Travel is required for this position.Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Operational
Job Function: Student Services
Job Family: Enrollment Mgmt & Retention
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us