Lead engineering and be accountable for delivery of multiple projects. Provide strategic direction to align business, global & local requirements to ensure objectives are met whin budget, schedule, regulatory, and policy compliance. Develop technical solutions & define business and strategic objectives for complex problems. Plan, design, and oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, laboratories, buildings, site & infrastructure. Manage teams and ongoing contracts for engineering, project management, construction, and be accountable to ensure appropriate level of expertise and support for core engineering and design. Responsible for direct management of Engineering team, including engineering, design, project management, site document system & CAD standards. Lead site's project management group and provide strategic vision along with leadership and direction regarding OPEX/CAPEX (capital) projects including required shut downs. Ensure all external contractors and service providers meet all applicable requirements and deliver objectives as needed. Through prior experience, Engineering Manager will have the ability to apply in-depth understanding to lead diverse teams & cross-functional activities in setting priorities and achieving targets related to quality, cost and time.
Area of Responsibly:
- Engineering Project Lead - Capital & Expense Project Delivery
- Management of outsourced staff - Engineering, Project Management, Construction
- Capital Project Management & delivery
- Leverage knowledge, skills and effective communication to ensure customer service, business needs and good engineering practices are employed.
- Investigate, analyze and implement concepts that employ new or existing technology, materials and methods to improve the building systems, quality, performance, energy efficiency and carbon footprint in support of a Zero Carbon Ambition and financial return on investment.
- Ensure all work, including contract work, conforms to AstraZeneca, local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Actively supports company and department commitment to safety excellence:
- Maintains safe work areas and equipment
- Complies and promotes company safety policy, procedures, PPE, training, etc.
- Ensures safety culture and requirements are upheld by related contractors as well
- Propose and develop modifications to system parameters and setpoint changes to enhance systems performance and energy conservation consistent with company SH&E objectives. Review equipment specifications and develop appropriate commissioning procedures to ensure performance achieves design parameters.
- Maintain accurate facility documentation for site buildings and power plant systems. Assist in updating schematics and ensure project documentation is properly integrated into the site facilities documentation program.
- Assist in the development, implementation and auditing of maintenance procedures and SOP's to ensure high reliability for building systems.
- Support facilities projects related to building systems as required:
- Provide input for integration options to existing facility systems
- Work with design/installation teams to ensure proper coordination
- Review specifications, installations to confirm compliance with deliverables
- Verify acceptable documentation received from project closeouts
- Evaluate the objectives and engineering requirements of project requests submitted by site operational and support groups where required.
- Manage consultants as required. Provides guidance in execution of projects in area of MEP system
- Ensure that building modifications are in compliance with applicable codes, specifications, and site standards to ensure a highly maintainable and cost efficient site. Revises SOPs and PMs as necessary.
- Manage and coordinates new connections into existing MEP systems.
- Supervise contractors and technicians for assigned project installation phases.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships through timely communications.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in servicing and auditing complex HVAC and mechanical systems.
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of HVAC and mechanical principles, as well as strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for building systems.
- Must have and enforce safe working procedures. Knowledge of OSHA and related code aspect is essential.
- Organized work environment skills and good understanding of documentation requirements
- Must be able to read and understand specifications, drawings, coordination drawings, submittals and O&M manuals.
- Ability to generate drawings in sketch format for system modifications or information transfer is essential.
- Prepare, refine, submit, manage and drive capital project requests
- Excellent computer, oral, and written communication skills required.
- Possesses a degree BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong power plant, HVAC, MEP and Controls background
- Advanced degree or certification
- Prior supervisory or project management experience
- Prior experience with biopharmaceutical facility research lab environment
- Possess desire to provide environmental sustainability efficiencies within the building systems and infrastructure.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.