Mueller Company (Mueller Co.), the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an opening in our Decatur, Illinois manufacturing plant for a Mechanical Engineering Intern. The Decatur Operations established in 1857, manufacturers rugged and dependable devices used in industrial/commercial applications. Its products include brass water and steel gas valves, Water/Gas Line tapping machines, Line Stopper Fittings, tools and controllers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Mechanical Engineering Intern will support Operations with various projects that directly align with plant and divisional strategic deployment initiatives. Potential projects include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3D-Modeling of Shell Cutters and Accessories (within SolidWorks)
- Material and Information Flow:
- Layout of racking
- Determining Racking
- Items in Rack
- Racking Space Requirements
- PVD Boards
- Raw Material Utilization:
This role is temporary in nature and designed to be completed between mid-May through mid-August. The successful applicant would be expected to commit their time and energy through Summer 2023.Minimum Qualifications:
- To be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering field or recently completed such a degree
- Basic proficiency in ProE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and MS Office Standard
- Major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed at least two years of college education prior to start of internship
- Ability to effectively express thoughts/ideas through written and verbal communication
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to develop positive working relationships in a cross functional team environment
- Basic knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.
This job has expired.