Mueller Water Products the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water distribution industries and North America's largest and only full-line supplier of potable water distribution products, is currently seeking candidates for its Engineering Internship Program. Potential Internships are
During the course of an internship assignment, Mueller will provide additional opportunities to learn our business. Interns will have scheduled tours to visit our various manufacturing plants, foundries, and research and development facilities. While on these visits, interns will be introduced to the engineering processes and will have the opportunity to connect with engineers from various fields.
All interns will be given an opportunity to present their projects and significant accomplishments during a cap stone end of internship event. These presentations will allow interns to showcase their work and abilities, and to be introduced to the engineering hiring managers and Mueller Leadership Team.
The ideal Mueller Engineer Intern will work full time for one semester, and may be invited to continue part time for additional semesters. All Engineering internships are paid positions at $20 per hour.
Interns will be assigned to:
- Designing and implementing manufacturing processes, equipment, and documentation to achieve the production goals of the organization
- Involved in process improvement initiatives and projects to improve the manufacturing processes
- Will engage in implementation of ECO's (Engineering Change Orders) and ECR's (Engineering Change Requests) from design engineering and floor operators
- Revising documentation used in manufacturing processes and assisting operators on a day to day basis
- Identify and develop process and equipment needed to produce specific products, parts, and components.
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Master Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other mechanical or manufacturing related field
- Must be on track to graduate with a degree in the next 1 to 2 years
- Strong computer skills, with an emphasis on MS Office is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Lean or Toyota Production Systems training preferred
- Ability to work independently and take direction from others
- Coursework with CAD/Drafting and/or programing is a plus
- Candidate must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Individuals interested in this position should apply online at www.Muellercompany.com/careers. Mueller Company will contact desired candidates to proceed in the selection process.
Mueller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.