LyondellBasell is staffing for an Olefins Process Engineer for the Clinton, IA site. The primary responsibility of the process engineer is to provide technical support as a technical expert. This position requires daily interaction with operations, technical, safety, maintenance and reliability to drive overall improvements in unit performance. This role will lead the design and installation of long-term projects to overcome process constraints, resolve reliability issues and comply with environmental regulations. This will include defining scope, providing front-end-loading and incorporating process knowledge during engineering phases. This role will mentor and coach less experienced engineers and will also advise on initiatives to maintain a competitive advantage.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify, collaborate, recommend, document, and implement initiatives to improve unit performance, with the goal to capture incremental production at the lowest cost
- Collaborates with Operation to remove constraints
- Develops and communicates unit performance and improvement strategies
- Supports gap closure and continuous improvement activities by providing engineering calculations and justifications for new projects and participating in capital, expense and special project scope development, execution, support and training
- Determines causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption
- Approval of off-spec feedstock and opportunity feeds
- Leads Management of Change process
- Provides technical expertise for PHAs, PSV work, safety system disablement, and other PS activities in the area
- Provides unit support during troubleshooting, turnarounds, startups, shut downs, catalyst changes, and other non-routine unit activities
- Provides engineering calculation to quantity environmental releases.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering
- Technical understanding of unit processes and application of unit operations principals such as mass and energy balances, fluids, thermodynamics, mass and heat transfer, and distillation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams and interact with all levels of the organization
- Process troubleshooting and knowledge of company tools and resources to perform such activities
- Innovative thinking to solve complex issues
- Self-motivation and high initiative
- 5 or more years of experience in refining, petrochemical or chemical environment is desired
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.Nearest Major Market: