This position is responsible for the design and release of snow removal equipment (Truck Plow & Heavy Equipment) for Toro's BOSS Snowplow business line, from initial concept to production while ensuring product goals and objectives are satisfied. The person in this role actively participates in new product development and existing product line improvements, and ensures that product performance, cost, quality, safety, and project schedule meet the established requirements.
In performing this role, the person selected will utilize project management techniques throughout development, collaborate with cross functional teams and promotes big picture thinking, drive issue resolution among various engineering groups to keep project on schedule, collaborate with Operations and Manufacturing Engineers to ensure successful production launches of new products and complex product changes, and will travel to test-sites, distributors, customers, vendors, manufacturing facilities, global partners, and others as required.
- New product design and project management of various complexities to achieve goals for function, performance, safety, cost, timing, and quality.
- Identify and implement product improvements.
- Specify, set-up, and perform design validation while utilizing DVP&R's (Design Verification Plan & Report) and other required project documentation throughout development.
- Analyze designs using calculations, testing, computer simulation or other techniques, as necessary.
- Perform product release including creating and administering ECM's.
- Perform Cost Estimates.
- Assist in the development of design and test standards.
- Support manufacturing improvements and cost reduction efforts.
- Address and resolve field/ warranty issues.
- Support the Technical Service Department through direct customer contact.
- Develop project schedules for new product development and continuous improvement projects.
- Support operations during the implementation of new product.
- Support engineering and product managementin developing product proposals, specifications, and features to satisfy specific market requirements.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university required.
- One or more (1+) years of relevant experience
- Must be proficient using solid modeling software (Creo Parametric Preferred), Finite Element Analysis, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledgeable in Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, welding, and other manufacturing processes
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Must have strong visualization skills.
- Must be able to specify and use test equipment including sensors and data acquisition equipment.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with electric circuits and automotive electrical and/or body control systems is highly preferred.
- Basic understanding of hydraulic systems is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and hands-on mechanical and automotive skills preferred.
#LI-on-siteWe are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.