This new position will be part of Moderna's Manufacturing Science and Technology (MST) team responsible for technical transfer and new process implementation to ensure robust plasmid production supporting the Personalized Cancer Vaccine program. The individual will work closely within MST, and with Process Development, Manufacturing, Regulatory, and Quality, to ensure all aspects of technology transfer and technical support are successfully executed and maintained.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Support technology transfer projects including coordination of process information exchange, documentation of process parameters, and tracking process performance.
- Ensure robust resolution of technical deviations driving for data driven root cause and CAPAs that resolve the issue.
- Analyze manufacturing performance through data review and analyses. Establish and maintain data repositories.
- Assist in design and engineering of disposable systems used in small scale bioprocessing.
- Lead cross functional troubleshooting and operational improvements for manufacturing.
- Author and execute protocols supporting process characterization and equipment scale up in cGMP Manufacturing.
- Support process training for GMP operations and development of process understanding and expertise.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support production activities.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Biochemical engineer, Chemical engineer, or Biochemistry background. BS with 5 to 8 years of experience or MS with 2 to 5 years experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
- Process development or operational experience in multiple bioprocessing unit operations which may include: fermentation, enzymatic reaction, chromatography, tangential flow filtration and buffer formulation.
- Prior experience providing technical support in a cGMP manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of single use bioprocessing technologies.
- Knowledge of data management tools and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of cGMP equipment commissioning and validation.
- Excellent judgment and ability to communicate manufacturing issues in a scientifically sound and understandable way.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Ability to adapt to new and challenging technical opportunities.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.