Electrical Instrumentation Technician
The Mosaic Company
Are you purpose driven and want to Help the World Grow the Food it Needs?
We have opportunities for you and working at Mosaic has never been more exciting! We are implementing and using new technologies to manage risk, minimize impacts and maximize the value we deliver to our team, customers, and diverse stakeholders around the globe. "NextGEN" is the term we use to describe the technology driven change focused on Integrated Operations Centers, Modeling and Analytics, Automation and Process. Controls, and Process Digitization. We know there are bright, passionate people, ready to join us as we revolutionize our operations to drive long-term efficiencies, competitiveness, and value for our employees and our customers.
We understand the challenges of the post-pandemic environment and Mosaic's passion and commitment to the well-being and safety of our employees has always been a top priority.
The Mosaic New Wales facility sits on 3500 acres and is involved in the production of phosphate fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. Finished products include fertilizer: Diammonium Phosphate (DAP), Monoammonium Phosphate (MAP) and Powdered MAP (PMAP); and feed ingredients: Biofos, Dynafos and Multifos. Finished products from this site are shipped to destinations across the globe.
Are you our next E/I Technician?
The E/I Technician will troubleshoot/repair/preventative maintenance (PM)/calibrate/install of plant or mine electrical, electronic, instrumentation and automation equipment throughout the entire plant or mine, including med-low voltage systems, AC and DC systems, lighting, motors, receptacles, starters, drives, power supply wiring (including conduit), transformers, programmable controllers, electrical components as well as pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Follows National Electrical Code (NEC) and Mosaic's standards in a safe and expedient manner. Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals. Perform and follow all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Pre-Job Hazard Analysis, Lock-out Tag-out (LOTO), Hot Work, Hazardous Work, Confined Space, Water Safety, Line Breaking, Safe Work, Daily PM Inspection, Work Order Feedback, General Equipment/Line Isolation Permits or Procedures or Forms or Reports. Actively participate in Pre-Job Safety Meetings, Weekly Safety Meetings, and other required Annual Training. Actively participate in Workflow by giving feedback on work execution roadblocks and successes. Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) inputting of work request as a result of work execution or identified defects.
What will you contribute?
What do you need for this role?
- Use hand tools and testers to maintain and repair motors, starters, drives, low-med-hi voltage systems, and instrumentation throughout the entire plant.
- Replace, repair, troubleshoot, calibrate, or clean electrical, instrumentation and automation systems.
- Troubleshoot visually and with varied testing equipment all EIA systems throughout the Plant or Mine. Change hardware in system to maintain interface between automation and operations as needed.
- Responsible for regular work orders as well as emergencies throughout the Plant or Mine. Responsible for housekeeping in all work areas.
- Performs maintenance on equipment that monitors flow, temperature, density, and pressure equipment.
- Communicate daily with area supervisor who prioritizes and delegates work to the technicians. Communicate findings with management.
- Follow verbal or written instructions from supervision and management. Utilizes and inputs data into the CMMS system as required.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
- Other duties as assigned, including unloading trains and loading vessels.
- High school diploma or GED required; prefer an associate degree in vocational, Electrical, Instrumentation, or Automation.
- 4 years' experience in Industrial Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation or completion of an accredited Apprenticeship Program in Electrical, Instrumentation, Automation Systems required.
- IBEW apprenticeship and Phosphate industry desired.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) programming/software experience preferred.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work alone or partner or team setting.
- Ability to accept and follow all safety procedures.
- Data entry capable.
- Ability to safely move in and through work areas, including climbing stairs, maintaining good balance, being mentally alert, having good visual acuity, and safely working at heights.
- Ability to safely work in and around heavy industrial environment, including moving objects, concentrated chemicals, and transport vehicles.
- Complete Pre-Job Workplace Examinations.
- Responsible for the safe and compliant storage/inspection/usage of tools and equipment as assigned.
- Physical work environment is frequently outdoors and exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns, or materials.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write, and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to use fine hand motor skills.
- Able to wear a respirator (Concentrate Facilities).
- Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!