Under general supervision, the Electrical Drafter follows instructions and procedures, performs moderate design of layouts for electrical circuits or systems for power distribution. Performs drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment such as digitizers, plotters, CRT\'s, and associated peripheral equipment and software. Prepares clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detailed drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Identifies factors affecting project design by using information provided by the engineer.
- Uses knowledge of manufacturing methods, materials, etc., in developing designs.
- Confers with other departments as necessary to ensure integrity and manufacturability.
- Designs or develops layouts for electrical circuits or systems for power distribution.
- Creates detailed schematics. Creates and edits drawings using current AutoCAD software.
- Forwards drawings to engineer for preliminary review; make changes and corrections as needed before being sent to customer for approval.
- Notifies engineer of any updates to bill of material as drawings are developed.
- Ensures accuracy of work by checking materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and of various parts to the entire project.
- Notifies the appropriate personnel when other activities are ready to be performed during the design process e.g. material updates, design checks, etc.
- Forwards final checked drawings to engineers.
- Acknowledges and understands and follows Switchgear's established standards and makes improvements.
- Assists in creating standards for improvement in efficiency.
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction; works under general supervision.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS diploma or GED required.
Two-year Associates degree preferred. 2 to 4 years of experience required.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Vocational Certificate in DraftingCOMPETENCY SUMMARY
- Recognizes causes and consequences of actions and events that are not readily apparent.
- Manages the allocation of resources in relation to business needs.
- Considers problems from all new perspectives and can expand on the thinking or solutions proposed by others.
- Keeps stakeholders up-to-date on the progress of the service they are receiving and changes that affect them.
- Provides suggestions and/or takes actions that result in improved work processes, communications, or task performance.
Must be able to use current AutoCAD software in an accurate and efficient manner and be able to read and interpret drawings.
Requires basic knowledge of electrical equipment and circuitry.ADA PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Balancing: Constant (76% - 100%)
Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
Climbing: Occasional (10% - 33%)
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
Crawling: Not Often (0% - 9%)
Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Crouching: Not Often (0% - 9%)
Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Feeling: Constant (76% - 100%)
Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Finger Dexterity: Frequent (34% - 75%)
Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
Grasping: Frequent (34% - 75%)
Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. Hearing: Constant (76% - 100%)
Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Kneeling: Frequent (34% - 75%)
Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees. Lifting: Occasional (10% - 33%)
Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Pulling: Not Often (0% - 9%)
Using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. Pushing: Not Often (0% - 9%)
Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Reaching: Not Often (0% - 9%)
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Repetitive Motion: Occasional (10% - 33%)
Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Standing: Constant (76% - 100%)
Particularly for sustained periods of time. Stooping: Not Often (0% - 9%)
Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. Talking: Constant (76% - 100%)
Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Walking: Constant (76% - 100%)
Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.ADA POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.ADA WORKING CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather. The worker is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
The worker is subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, including one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.Create Superior Value in a Culture where People can grow and TRAITS matter
TRAITS are the Values that we want all AZZ employees, and especially leaders, to embody in everything they do. The TRAITS are Trust, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, and Safety.Recommended Skills
- Interpret Drawings
- Balancing (Ledger/Billing)
- Computer Aided Design
- Electronic Circuits
- Finger Dexterity
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Pittsburg, KSJob Type
Skilled Labor - TradesExperience
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.