Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a EHS Specialist, you will be responsible for sites ensuring compliance with EHS policies, programs, and procedures. You will communicate and contribute to the development of EHS programs, policies, and procedures. Additionally, you will conduct annual EHS audits and inspections and provide recommendations for continuous improvement of Invenergy's safety performance and culture.
You will ensure site management delivers safe working procedures and practices to all site personnel so that they can fulfill their responsibilities. You will manage required compliance activities, including the implementation of the Invenergy EHS requirements.
- Assess risks and identify hazards in the workplace and at job sites to create a safe and healthy environment
- Facilitate the implementation of Invenergy standards and procedures at sites
- Manage required compliance activities, including the implementation of Invenergy EHS programs
- Initiate investigations for incidents or near miss events as necessary or required including compilation and completion of forms for entry in the EHS management system
- Conduct appropriate inspections and audits and ensure corrective actions are monitored and documented
- Complete, document, and submit all required EHS reports and recordkeeping information
- Deliver training on EHS policies and programs as needed
- Ensure the 3E system of SDS management is properly utilized
- Communicate regular updates regarding injury and illness awareness and mitigating measures. Follow up with the Site Managers as necessary
- Establish good rapport with personnel through periodic site visits and attendance of recurring regional conference calls
- Manage documentation related to EHS initiatives and ad hoc programs such as safety stand downs, Safety Alerts and Bulletins
- Perform other EHS related duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with various departments within Invenergy
- Have good written, oral and computer communication skills to effectively deliver EHS-related information to employees and contractors
- Ability to prepare accurate reports containing findings and recommendations
- Ability to perform time critical tasks and a wide variety of duties, maintain responsibilities and oversight of multiple programs as needed
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications and other Internet-based reporting tools.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background investigation
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally and at times, with minimal advance notice. Up to 50% travel.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience OR a High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of EHS experience
- Preferred experience and knowledge of the risks involved in the maintenance of equipment in the renewable energy generation industry
- 2+ years of work experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights greater than 80 meters (250 feet)
- Must be able to move and manipulate up to 50 pounds
- Weight must not exceed 124 kg (265 lbs.) excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.