History Nebraska is seeking a collaborative and enthusiastic statewide educator to serve as an Education Associate. As a member of the Education team and while working across several History Nebraska teams, the Education Associate is accountable for developing, implementing, and executing programming across the state for various audiences including K-12, college, adult, and family. A person in this position will get to use their passion and creativity to develop diverse and inclusive visitor experiences in a statewide "classroom".
The schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
History Nebraska is a statewide educational institution that connects people to the past through our library and research center, conservation facility, interpretive sites, and the state archeology and historic preservation offices. History Nebraska preserves and interprets our state's past, contributes to the education of its citizens, and uses the tools of history to shape a better future for all Nebraskans.
Our five core values are:
• We Do It Better Every Time. We are always looking to improve. When we fail, we know why and learn from it.
• We Have Each Other's Back. We work in groups; we candidly support one another for the betterment of the organization.
• We Own It. If we say we are going to do something, we do our best to get it done.
• We Are Curious. We never stop learning and we encourage curiosity in others.
• We Are Inclusive. We seek multiple perspectives and value the uniqueness of each individual.
Job location is 131 Centennial Mall North
Examples of Work
• Plans, promotes and organizes new and existing K-12, college, adult, and family programming.
• Collaborates closely with the others on the Visitor Experiences team, including Education, Sites, Exhibits teams to create and execute programming and events.
• Prepares surveys and metrics to report on program plans, proposed budgets, activity reports and attendance records.
• Conducts accurate, historical research projects.
• Collaborates on creating and conducting Summer Workshops and Value-Added programming.
• Coordinates with other agency staff to complete projects and meet agency goals and objectives.
• Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: helping other departments, participating in interdepartmental committees and working groups; participating in community outreach events.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in History or related field such as: Education, Museum Studies, Geography, or Anthropology AND two years of experience in museum curatorial work, providing educational programming, or providing interpretive tours.
PREFERRED: Education, history, or public history background and familiarity with state and/or national education standards.
OTHER: Limited travel will be required. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Familiar with inquiry-based learning and programming
• Confident public speaking capabilities
• Passionate about local, state, and national histories
• Enjoys educating people of all backgrounds and supports inclusion, accessibility and equity for diverse audiences and learning styles.
• Ability to adapt to new technology
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute events and/or workshops
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to work evenings and weekends for events and programming, on occasion.
• Must be committed to the organization's core values and demonstrates them regularly in their work.
**History Nebraska collects, preserves, and opens to all, the histories we share. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is an essential element in making Nebraska's rich history available to everyone. History Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Our work is meaningful and challenging, and we believe diverse perspectives will make it better.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 23 hours ago
Posted about 23 hours ago
Fort Collins, Colorado
Posted about 20 hours ago