CAMPUS CHILD CARE SUPPORT (BL-CCCS-IUBLA)
Indiana University Early Childhood Education Services Committed to creating high-quality experiences for children, families, and our employees.
IU Early Childhood Education Services (ECES) provides year-round, high-quality care and education at nationally accredited centers for children ages birth through 5 years. Our commitment to high-quality is demonstrated by providing child-centered, active learning environments based on research supported best practices, through degreed teachers, strong campus support, and national accreditation through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). In addition to the service component, the IUB ECES Centers meet the academic mission of Indiana University by providing sites for student training and by serving as research sites for faculty and students. Finally, the early childhood centers at IUB serve as model high quality, early education programs for the Bloomington community and the state of Indiana.
Department Specific Responsibilities
- Provides excellent care and appropriately challenging experiences for children from the ages of 6 weeks to 3 years.
- With their classroom co-teacher, the Infant Toddler Two¿s Early Childhood Specialist develops and implements child-centered, developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessment based upon observations of the children's interests and individual needs.
- Partners with each child's family toward their optimal growth and development.
- Works collaboratively with their co-teacher, Director, other co-teachers, aides, and families toward the betterment of the Center.
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities for children enrolled. This includes physical needs, classroom activity participation, goal writing, lesson plans, preparation, etc.
- Assesses children's individual needs and tracks and records progress through parental meetings, developmental goal-setting, and routine assessment.
- Maintains the classroom in a safe, clean, and orderly environment, such as through maintaining licensing standards as set forth by the state and supervising children during free play, naps, learning, and outdoor time.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in ongoing professional development.
- Supervises and evaluates classroom assistants and aids. This includes observing and documenting job performance and potential disciplinary and performance issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by childcare leaders.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered. Education beyond the minimum required may be substituted for work experience. Work experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted for education.
- Bachelor's degree in education or a related field
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education
- 1 year of formal experience with infants and toddlers aged children.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
This role regularly requires the ability to effectively communicate. This role frequently requires the ability to operate equipment. This role frequently requires the ability to remain stationary and ascend/descend ladders/stairs. This role requires the ability to move objects weighing up to 40 pounds. The role requires the ability to detect items in proximity as well as far away; discern between colors; detect objects in peripheral space of self; discern items in detail; and to have good depth perception. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Educational Resources & Tech
Job Family: Childcare Services
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.