Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Your position as an Individual Support Specialist supports this mission as you provide the community based support and training to adults with I/DD and Autism to maintain and/or develop independent living. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Strict adherence to program model including clinical, programmatic and quality protocols (for example, staff & supervision meetings, trainings, data collection, community relationships, as required).
- Exercises strong clinical judgement in observing, supporting, resourcing and communicating.
- Teaches and reinforces activities of daily living (such as medication management, hygiene, cleaning, personal property management, relationship development, budgeting, transportation skills, and safety).
- Implements and develops program activities to reinforce and develop skills which may include using the teachable moment.
- Follows and implements all program safety procedures including personal safety, crisis assessment, prevention, and needed intervention.
- Maintains programmatic documentation.
- Delivers supports and services in a culturally sensitive and responsive manner.
- Provides accurate and timely communication to Program Director regarding clinical, programmatic, operational, or community changes.
- Provides specialized training and instruction to individuals and coworkers (such as in the role of Medication Officer, Human Rights Officer, Van Officer, Safety Officer or Activities Coordinator) on an assigned basis.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by supervising personnel.
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor's Preferred, experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration is required. Applicants lacking Medication Certification must become certified within 90 days of date of hire to retain employment.
- Required to walk up and down stairs, provide emergency physical intervention as needed.
- *Applicants lacking Prevent Certification must become
- Current driver's license and maintains a safe driving record.
- Use of personal cell phone and personal vehicle.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
This job has expired.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/partners.