The Dispatcher will ensure timely delivery of cranes and support equipment to job sites. They will provide guidance and supervision to direct the activities of Crane Operators, Drivers and Support Personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Evaluates labor and equipment needs, assigns, and dispatches labor and equipment and maintains communication with Operators and Drivers
* Coordinates with the local Branch Manager and Dispatchers in other branches to determine efficient scheduling of labor and equipment that utilizes branch-level and Maxim resources in the most cost-effective manner.
* Evaluate crane fleet cleanliness, maintenance, and yard tasks to assign to the employees that do not have jobs in the field; communicate any discrepancies and service issues to Service Manager for repairs
* Ensure permits, registration and insurance cards are up to date and accurate in the clipboards for each crane and tractor. Order Blanket and trip permits for each crane and truck to comply with DOT laws.
* Check that all inspections have been completed in the equipment file then file the paperwork in proper files. Review ELD compliance for the cranes and tractors assigned to the Branch
* Check daily logs for employee's daily and weekly hours to ensure compliance. Review e-tickets for billing and payroll
* Assign daily tasks to employees the day before the job, Print JDS, lift plans and maps if needed for the employees going to jobs in the field
* Draws bars assigning cranes, trucks, and employees to all jobs the day before to provide an accurate daily activity spread sheet. Update time bars in Job Cost and match time sheets to job tickets.
* Regularly communicate with Sales and Operations teams on availability updates, lift plans, and job details
* Manages travel restrictions; create appropriate maps and direction charts to assure compliance with applicable permit laws.
* Acts as liaison between customer and employees; enter customer orders into crane rental agreements. Maintain customer relationships, customer satisfaction, and handle customer complaints.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
What are the perks?
We are proud to offer day one eligibility for medical, dental and vision plans. We also offer paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, and 401(k) plans with company match made every pay period. Maxim has other great offerings including life insurance, AD&D, flex and health savings accounts, wellness programs, critical illness and accident plans, and short-term and long-term disability, plus employee discounts. Additionally, we provide opportunities to expand your skillset and knowledge base.
Our work impacts our local communities, helping transform where people live, work and play. You'll be a part of some of the biggest, most high-profile construction sites across the country and have the opportunity to support our coast-to-coast team across 60 branches in the United States.
* High School diploma or GED
* 3+ years of construction, or fleet related industry with transportation or heavy equipment experience preferable
* 3+ years' experience using CMMS system (JD Edwards) in dispatcher or scheduling role
* Advanced computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
* Advanced knowledge of local geography
* Advanced knowledge of CMMS system
* Excellent time management and communication skills
Must be able to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence and memos and the ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger; handle or feel; and kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear; push and/or pull; reach; climb; bend and/or stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled