We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
The Director, Preferred Banking will build, develop and lead a team that is focused on providing clients with an exceptional client experience by presenting financial solutions to meet client needs. By focusing on the client, doing the right thing and striving to make a difference, the team will build long-lasting advisory relationships with clients. The Client Segment Director is accountable for driving new client acquisition, retention and growth of client relationships, as well growing revenue.
In addition, the Director, Preferred Banking is responsible for building strong internal partnerships to meet client needs and contribute to the growth of the Market in which they serve. The Director, Preferred Banking will create a team-oriented environment and will foster associate satisfaction through coaching, career development and support.
The Client Segment Director will consistently maximize opportunities and develop high performing teams by managing and driving key behaviors focused on an advisory sales approach centered around:
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Building a book of Mass Affluent clients
- Retain and manage assigned book of business
- Cross selling and increasing share of wallet
- Managing fee income and expenses
- Relationship building and focused leadership in order to drive a high performing and engaged team
- Develop associates through observational coaching, joint sales calls and utilization of coaching model
- Bring holistic advisory relationship management to life by working closely with other key business leaders to drive collaboration and partnership
- Ensure team has urgency to achieve at consistently high levels of retention, share of wallet, financial planning and outstanding client experience
- Partner with Marketing to develop region-specific calling efforts
- Actively participate in civic activities with community organizations
- Achieve sales goals and manage pipeline activities
- Track, report and communicate business results and activities
- Model behaviors in an effort to build "lifetime client relationships"
- Will report to Affluent Segment Executive
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership in coaching, managing and mentoring associates in a Banking or Financial Services environment
- 5+ years demonstrated prior success with achievement of performance goals
- Strong product knowledge related to consumer deposits, consumer loans and investments
- Associates or Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent management work experience strongly preferred
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required. Series 65 or 66 license preferred
- Demonstrated success with consultative needs-based selling
- Experience with financial planning software
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Level of Complexity and ScopeDegree of Independence and Decision-MakingRequired Supervisory ResponsibilitiesPhysical Requirements
- Professional designation such as CFP® or CWS® preferred
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently lifts and carries up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently sits, stands, walks and drives
Development and Training
- The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
- Retail Basics
- Retail Lending
- Required learning courses - as determined and assigned through the new associate Onboarding process
- Onboarding assignments to be completed as indicated or within the first 60 days
- Individual training curriculum as determined by hiring manager
- New Accounts
- Compliance Assignments
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.