The Director of Baseball Operations will assist in all day to day activities of the baseball program with a focus on budget management, coordinating team travel, purchasing all equipment and apparel, coordinating camps/clinics, and other administrative tasks related to the operation of the program as well as providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach in managing various administrative tasks related to the operation of the program such as budget management and coordination of team travel to include booking flights, hotels, buses and coordinating all meals. This includes traveling with the team to all team competitions and acting as the team liaison for all outside contacts
- Monitor all aspects of the baseball budget by purchasing all team apparel, equipment and office supplies within the budget parameters. This also includes operating within the budgets provided for team travel, recruiting and other entertainment.
- Plan and coordinate all team functions as well as any functions with alumni, donors and/or fans.
- Assist the coaching staff with recruiting organization by maintaining the recruiting database, coordinating recruiting travel and organizing all itineraries for on campus recruiting visits.
- Act as the liaison for baseball with all other athletic department personnel including facility management, the business office, communications, marketing, compliance, strength & conditioning, and academic support.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Adherence to all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to perform accurate detail-oriented work, the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's preferred
- Individual should have a general understanding of the business of college athletics; coaching experience not necessary but helpful.
- Part-time, non-exempt position
- Schedule flexible, works less than 1,000 hours per year. May require work on nights and weekends
- Regular travel required (recruiting and team travel)
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.