Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy is seeking a knowledgeable and proactive Director, Labor Relations & Policy to support our growing Public Affairs team. This individual will be located in Invenergy's Washington, D.C. office and would report directly to the Senior Vice President for Federal Affairs. Key responsibilities include:
- Working across Invenergy businesses and departments to create a corporate strategy for beneficial engagement with labor stakeholders and a mature public affairs strategy on Invenergy's labor positions, and
- Executing those strategies working alongside relevant policy, legal, and operational teams at Invenergy.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will have experience and expertise in federal, state, and local labor policies, strong relationships with critical senior-level labor and energy stakeholders, excellent communication and advocacy to communicate effectively to Invenergy leadership and external stakeholders. In addition, this person will need the ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders at varying levels, ranging from entry-level employees to senior management. This person should also have demonstrated experience, knowing when to escalate urgent issues to management, and when to provide updates in a routine fashion. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads establishment of a corporate labor relations strategy for Invenergy, in alignment with Invenergy's corporate goals, and implement that strategy across all Invenergy business units.
- Builds and fosters relationships with federal government stakeholders for labor, and with federal and state trade union and labor representatives particularly in strategically important markets.
- Advises business units on how to align negotiations, planning, bargaining, ratification, implementation, and administration of relevant collective bargaining agreements with Invenergy's corporate labor strategy.
- Build and execute educational programs on federal, state, and local labor-related issues such as relevant contractual labor obligations and agreements to ensure compliance and consistent application, including developing training and tactical collateral that can be utilized by developers.
- Stays abreast of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in labor relations and workforce development, and communicates these trends to senior leadership.
- Track federal and state level legislation and regulations relevant to Invenergy's projects and business operations, and stays abreast of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in labor relations and workforce development.
- Develops and executes a public affairs strategy, including but not limited to advising Invenergy spokespersons, to emphasize the company's collaborative approach to partnering with organized labor when prudent to do so.
- Support the development and execution of lobbying and advocacy initiatives with respect to labor policies.
- Bachelor's degree in political science, law, public administration, labor relations, human resources, industrial relations, business, or a related field; advanced degree or relevant certification is a strong plus.
- 6-8 years of experience working in energy policy and labor unions, in Congressional offices or Committees, at relevant labor or energy agencies or energy and labor policy organizations, or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of relevant labor laws at the federal, state, and regional levels.
- Existing relationships with senior officials and executives at national labor organizations such as AFL-CIO, IBEW, USW, and other relevant labor organizations.
- Existing relationships with officials at relevant national agencies, such as the Department of Labor and Department of Education, as well as the ability to navigate regional, state, and local organizations through existing relationships.
- Strong experience in labor negotiations, preparation, bargaining, implementation and/or administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in labor unions.
- Strong project management skills (planning, executing, reporting, and evaluating);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external audiences. Ability to effectively train employees;
- Effective research and professional networking skills;
- Ability to work successfully in a deadline-driven environment;
- Strong organizational skills and a very high level of attention to detail and timeliness;
- Self-starter with a great work ethic who can maintain quality across multiple assignments;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high achieving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel (VLOOKUP and pivot tables), SharePoint, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.