AmTrust Financial Services is currently seeking a Director in our Claims Shared Services Operations Department. The Director, Claims Operations - Shared Services role is a key member of the Claims Shared Services leadership team. Reporting into the VP of Claims Shared Services they will be responsible for managing all shared services claims operational functions and personnel, including:
- Responsible for management and oversight of claims intake units including Workers' Compensation, liability and Property claim intake including internal staff processes and third party processes ensuring timely turn around and accurate set up of all new claims reported
- Responsible for management and oversight of Workers' Compensation regulatory reporting(i.e. EDI/FROI/SROI) including internal staff processes and third party processes ensuring timely turn around and quality of data submissions
- Responsible for management and oversight of claims finance unit including the handling of W9s, ACH banking information, clear tax ID Held Payables, preparation of recovery deposits, processing of voids, stop pays and recovery transactions
- Responsible for management and oversight of claims billing and payments unit including processing of expense payments, review of returned checks for any issues and patterns
- Oversight and coordination of miscellaneous claims operations activities including but not limited to:
- Escheatment assistance/support
- Bulk billing processing
- Performing financial corrections
- Resolving P&C coverage issues
- Distributing complaints, SOPs and items from Legal
- Large check notifications to Accounting
- Payment approvals for Accounts Payable
- Continue Claims Operations' impact on improving ongoing claims processing and expense control
- Collaborate with key claims business stakeholders to drive continuous process improvements in all operational areas with a focus on efficiency, technology enhancements, cost reduction and best in class customer experience
- Lead, motivate and develop operations staff through continual organizational design effectiveness reviews and enhancements
- Through ongoing cross functional engagement and collaboration throughout the claims organization and corporate operations understand and support the overall vision and direction of the Global Claims Portfolio
Qualifications Skills and Key Competencies:
- You are a thought leader and problem solver;
- You can translate company strategies into tactical goals;
- You are inquisitive and data driven;
- You make AmTrust an employer of choice/talent destination;
- You build efficiency and excellence with best practices, claim processing policies, procedures and department guidelines through training development and compliance management;
- You positively advocate for the needs of your organization.
- Exceptional leadership skills; plus the ability to plan, organize, delegate, and influence;
- Thorough understanding of the lines of business you will support as their operations manager (laws, principles of coverage, liability and insurance industry in general;
- Analytical and human relations skills, and ability to operate business technology are critical;
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form;
What We Offer
- 10 years equivalent experience and skills required.
- Industry related knowledge and experience
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.