The cardiovascular group within the rare diseases therapeutic area seeks to leverage integrative multiomics information and novel polygenic scores to aid the discovery and development of platform-based therapies targeting casual pathophysiology in patients with inherited and/or acquired cardiovascular diseases. In addition, given the relentless advance of cardiovascular disease among the population, and therefore, the intrinsic patient heterogenicity associated with such large-scale unmet medical need, the group seeks to establish common causal pathophysiology in smaller subsets of patients with seemingly different phenotypic presentations of disease.
To enable these efforts, the ideal candidate would integrate pathophysiological knowledge with pre-clinical and clinical datasets, by leveraging both available and novel computational and visualizations methods as well as both internally and external partnerships. As such, the candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with others across multiple disciplines.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Analyze and lead the integration of multiomics, imaging, and functional data to deliver both biological insights that drive our drug discovery efforts in the cardiovascular space, as well as to aid patient segmentation to optimize therapeutic value.
- Integrate novel insights with the cardiovascular and rare diseases discovery efforts in order to both find complementary/supplementary targets and approaches to evaluate therapeutic hypotheses preclinically as well as to homogenize patient populations
- Mine publicly available and proprietary omic databases to make novel insights and generate new hypotheses
- Interpret results and build effective tools to present findings to project teams in clear and concise manner
- Collaborate with biology leaders and other stakeholders to roadmap, resource planning, and execute on a variety of computational analyses that impact cardiovascular research strategy
- Maintain strong external presence - collaborate and build partnerships with advisors, KOLs, CROs, etc.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- PhD in a scientific field, minimum 10 years' experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech, or research organization with direct experience in the field of computational biology and/or bioinformatics.
- Strong hands-on experience with complex omics datasets, with particular experience in cardiovascular and/or rare diseases.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in multi-level sequence data analysis, specifically with designing principles and state-of-the-art analysis approaches to inherited and/or acquired cardiovascular diseases.
- Experience collaborating, leading, and integrating with teams of highly motivated scientists and clinicians with emphasis on teamwork and career development
- Strong scientific background with a track record of demonstrated innovation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with various functional areas in a team environment, as well as to establish academic partnerships/collaborations.
- Strong external scientific presence
- Experience with software development and high-performance computing/cloud computing platforms.
- Proficiency in building custom data visualization tools
- Detail-oriented and well organized with the ability to maintain detailed records, databases, and pipelines
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.