At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
We're stronger because of our network of teams across the globe and because we all take personal accountability for our actions. We're constantly learning and developing through the teamwork and communication between our people and our network of specialists.
The Director, Access Pipeline role will report into the Senior Director of Access Pipeline Strategy. Key responsibilities include: drive collaboration with key stakeholders in the US and global team to provide a US Market Access perspective on new assets and BD&L. This role will ensure that the access strategy aligns with US priorities & strategic direction, as well as with broader portfolio goals, and accounts for evolving market dynamics. Additionally, in this role, they will demonstrate their deep understanding of the US market access ecosystem with a focus on the Biopharmaceuticals Business Unit, including account priorities and competitive landscape, to advise an optimal and profitable access strategy for upcoming products and product acquisitions.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Own the Market Access Pipeline framework and collaboration for the Biopharmaceuticals Business Unit, BBU, by being the point person for the collaboration with core team of cross-functional leaders across the organization to provide US Market Access assessments and insights to Global development plan and ensure alignment with US strategy
- Conceptualize, then develop and own maintaining the process and essence of how this core team works together in the BBU. In the short-term, you'll have co-ownership with the Senior Director of Access Pipeline on the creation of a new playbook for how Market Access interacts with cross-functional stakeholders involved in Pipeline development (e.g., Global Market Access, Medical Account Management, Market Access Strategic Pricing, Market Access Customer facing teams, and TA Access Strategy Leads). Once in place, you will be responsible for managing the process in the BBU, ensuring seamless communication and collaboration amongst key stakeholders.
- Create a repository of transferrable information for the BBU that will provide institutional history while coordinating with the commercial teams to inform launches
- Advise strategic access decisions by highlighting your multifaceted understanding of market dynamics to advance the development and reimbursement potential of pipeline and BD&L assets
- Lead the development of the aligned US payer perspective in order to gain alignment on the US position and forecasting implications backed by the core team
- Own the collection and consolidation of a US view point to ensure alignment with cross-functional partners in the US commercial organization:
- valuate and provide US pricing & access assumptions for global commercial forecasts
- ensure evidence strategies align to the strategic direction and partner with HEOR and medical to generate US-specific evidence to optimize potential for reimbursement success
- assessment and input on the launch plan with surround sound and launch programs including input for Innovative Value Strategies (IVS)
- Spearhead utilization of payer insights for input to the design, execution, and analyses of clinical studies in order to build clinical and economic evidence and value messages that resonate with payers
- Responsible for identifying the market dynamics associated key to the product; including potential indications, first to market dynamics, j-code timing, and reimbursement pathways to level set and inform organizational leadership
- Lead assessments to map out potential distribution and site of care dynamics to inform options and decision making by the global and brand teams
- Input on BD&L deals that have profitable access outlook
- Access Strategy teams are informed and prepared for asset to transfer
- Development and maintenance of a system to transfer institutional knowledge
- Seamless collaboration with key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech Market Access, ideally in these areas:
- US Market Access
- Strategic planning
- Portfolio prioritization
- Pipeline or BD&L market access strategy development
- Pharmaceutical consulting or access market research
- Experience in the CVRM, Respiratory, Immunology Therapeutic Areas are preferred
- History of performance in managing towards business objectives
- Proven track record of managing business challenges and making appropriate trade-offs to meet business objectives
- History of building productive and balanced work relationships with internal stakeholders
- Track record of demonstrating initiative, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in sophisticated, evolving environments
- Strong project management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple large projects and tasks, and to optimally prioritize
- Previous experience of successfully leading a matrix team
- Exhibited ability to manage multiple, concurrent work streams in diverse functions and therapeutic areas
- Strong analytic skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Second degree preferred, e.g. Masters, MBA, PhD
- Experience in conducting business development & licensing due diligence from pricing, market research and/or market access perspective
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job has expired.